Apr 30, 2016
Trade Zack for a top line center or young top 6 with top line potential

Liking what I'm seeing from

Domi ros cam
Lanie ( need center ) bjork
Nick jenner tex
Robinson nash benny / sten/ foudy

How about jack Hughes or Nico hitchier?

Devils need better d and have center depth.

I could see this working

Hischier was just made Devils Captain, and Monahan sucks balls. (at least in comparison to the other 2 you named)

I'd do Werenski/Jones for Jack Hughes but I doubt Devils would let go of Hughes so early, being 1OA and all.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Tampa, Chicago have problems with salary cup

Tampa - $-16 747 498
Chicago - $-3 976 773

Of course, they have injured but they can play before PO and it`ll be problem.

Tampa here
Chicago here

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Gavrikov deserves just as much “hate” and has just as big of an impact on the team losing that Savard does.

upload_2021-3-15_10-0-0.png

Kind of weird how Gavrikov is better away from Savard, but Savard is just as bad away from Gavirkov.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
This is what we are reduce to because of Jarmo's inept drafting: taking flyers at high risk players.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
No it isn't. If all the draft amounts to is taking wild risks them we are wasting a lot of money on scouting programs. The draft is not blidndrisk taking it is supposed to be informative risk taking based upon the collective wisdom of a hockey development group.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
No it isn't. If all the draft amounts to is taking wild risks them we are wasting a lot of money on scouting programs. The draft is not blidndrisk taking it is supposed to be informative risk taking based upon the collective wisdom of a hockey development group.

What's given you the impression that Jarmo's not doing that? Every time he speaks about his draft process, that's pretty much exactly what he says it is.

And isn't following that process exactly how CBJ ended up with PLD instead of Puljujarvi?

Last edited:

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
This is what we are reduce to because of Jarmo's inept drafting: taking flyers at high risk players.

There is absolutely no risk in this move. Trading a 7th round pick for a potential NHL player? If he works out, great! If he doesn't, it's not like much money or value was given up to get him.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Tampa has serious problems with salary cup. It has $1,070,500 now, but when Kucherov`ll return its salary cup`ll be $-3 925 190. I don`t count Mitchell Stephens with his $387 823.
But there`s a problem. Johnson (they would like to trade him) has NTC, similar like Palat, Maroon, Gourde, McDonagh, M-NTC Killorn, NMC are Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman.

Even if the would trade Blake Coleman ($946 552) and Barclay Goodrow ($486 422) wouldn`t help them. So maybe Erik Cernak ($1 551 293) could be traded.

Btw I think it isn`t too good to trade players with Canadian teams because of COVID-19. We can`t
wait, we need to help now. Of course I don`t mean not so important players. Besides, trade players as Eichel (he`s injured btw and we need every point) is better after season IMHO.

Detroit could be interesting. Teoretically we could take Larkin. Red Wings have Fabbri, Veleno, Rasmussen, Namestnikov, they`re expecting Kadeykin. Yzerman loves Russians so maybe he could be want Marchenko, draft. And someone from Berni/Peeke/Bemstrom/Texier/Foudy. Or a trade among three teams.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Tampa has serious problems with salary cup. It has $1,070,500 now, but when Kucherov`ll return its salary cup`ll be $-3 925 190. I don`t count Mitchell Stephens with his $387 823.
But there`s a problem. Johnson (they would like to trade him) has NTC, similar like Palat, Maroon, Gourde, McDonagh, M-NTC Killorn, NMC are Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman.

Even if the would trade Blake Coleman ($946 552) and Barclay Goodrow ($486 422) wouldn`t help them. So maybe Erik Cernak ($1 551 293) could be traded.

Btw I think it isn`t too good to trade players with Canadian teams because of COVID-19. We can`t
wait, we need to help now. Of course I don`t mean not so important players. Besides, trade players as Eichel (he`s injured btw and we need every point) is better after season IMHO.

Detroit could be interesting. Teoretically we could take Larkin. Red Wings have Fabbri, Veleno, Rasmussen, Namestnikov, they`re expecting Kadeykin. Yzerman loves Russians so maybe he could be want Marchenko, draft. And someone from Berni/Peeke/Bemstrom/Texier/Foudy. Or a trade among three teams.

Larkin is a local Michigan kid and their captain. He's not gonna go anywhere. That would surprise me.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Larkin is a local Michigan kid and their captain. He's not gonna go anywhere. That would surprise me.
I absolutely agree but nobody knows what Yzerman`ll make. Although I prefer to hold on to Jones, Werenski, Laine, Bjorkstrand.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Apparently the Jets are looking at Savard. If that's where he ends up getting traded, part of the deal will include Henri Nikkanen. You heard it from me first!

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC

Remember there is no salary cap in the post season....problem solved for this year for the Lighting

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So let’s play this out , they trade Elvis .. expansion comes , they can protect 1 of Korpi or Kiv.. In a 1 month span, you most likely lose 2 of your 3 goalies in your pipeline .

Where as , if Korpi is traded, Elvis doesn’t require protection, you use your spot on Kiv, and you haven’t decimated your goalie depth

Here is where we have a huge disconnect and a perfect example of why I don’t back off anything I say (or have ever said) regarding the goalies.

I may be misinterpreting exactly what you are saying, but Korpisalo and Kivlenieks should not be compared or seen as relatable in this situation AT ALL. The team would never use a protection spot on Kivlenieks and he would never be picked up. And there’s no way the team would leave Korpisalo exposed or that he wouldn’t be picked up.

If the team does what they should do, it’s deal Merzlikins and go with Korpisalo.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Here is where we have a huge disconnect and a perfect example of why I don’t back off anything I say (or have ever said) regarding the goalies.

I may be misinterpreting exactly what you are saying, but Korpisalo and Kivlenieks should not be compared or seen as relatable in this situation AT ALL. The team would never use a protection spot on Kivlenieks and he would never be picked up. And there’s no way the team would leave Korpisalo exposed or that he wouldn’t be picked up.

And most importantly, the jackets would be in massive trouble with the NHL as they would be breaking the rules. They’d have zero eligible goalies for expansion.

Neither Korpi or Elvis gets traded before the expansion. Kiv will be exposed and not picked. After that though, you make your pick of you want to. They still don’t have to.

Reactions: cslebn and Byrral

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
And most importantly, the jackets would be in massive trouble with the NHL as they would be breaking the rules. They’d have zero eligible goalies for expansion.

Neither Korpi or Elvis gets traded before the expansion. Kiv will be exposed and not picked. After that though, you make your pick of you want to. They still don’t have to.
I’m not following your logic .. Kiv requires protection Elvis is exempt.. if they trade Korpi before draft, let’s say at this trade deadline , protect Kiv, how is that breaking rules ?

Reactions: EspenK

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I’m not following your logic .. Kiv requires protection Elvis is exempt.. if they trade Korpi before draft, let’s say at this trade deadline , protect Kiv, how is that breaking rules ?

Because we would have no goalies for Seattle to pick. You need to have one. I guess they could sign Thiessen if he’s still around but would the organization really waste a contract slot and cash for that? Especially when they don’t need to? I don’t think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad