Line Combos: Roster/Lineup Discussions Thread II

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
O.K. everybody thinks we need a center. IMHO, as an example with Lehtonen showed IT would be better to trade with the US teams.

So, Isles wants Foligno, scouts from Detroit, Chicago, Tampa and Bufallo were here.

Isles: Barzal (forgot), Nelson (NTC), Pageau (NTC), Cizikas, Wahlstrom (I doubt Isles'll trade him)
Chicago: Toews (forgot), Strome, Soderberg, Kampf, Wallmark, Suter, maybe Kurashev
Tampa: Point (forgot), Cirelli (I doubt Bolts'll trade him), Gourde (NTC), Johnson (NTC)
Bufallo: Eichel (forgot), E. Staal (M-NTC), Eakin, Lazar, Reinhart can too (I doubt Sabres'll trade him)
Detroit: Larkin (forgot), Namestnikov, Rasmussen (I doubt Wings'll trade him), Glendening, Fabbri can too (similar like Rasmussen), Helm

Last edited:

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
O.K. everybody thinks we need a center. IMHO, as an example with Lehtonen showed IT would be better to trade with the US teams.
So, Isles wants Foligno, scouts from Detroit, Chicago, Tampa and Bufallo were here.
Isles: Barzal (forgot), Nelson (NTC), Pageau (NTC), Cizikas, Wahlstrom (I doubt Isles'll trade him)
Chicago: Toews (forgot), Strome, Soderberg, Kampf, Wallmark, Suter, maybe Kurashev
Tampa: Point (forgot), Cirelli (I doubt Bolts'll trade him), Gourde (NTC), Johnson (NTC)
Bufallo: Eichel (forgot), E. Staal (M-NTC), Eakin, Lazar, Reinhart can too (I doubt Sabres'll trade him)

If the Jackets do end trading Foligno, I don't think they will be getting another player. I think they might load up on draft picks and use the picks to get a C in the off season.

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
We're still finding our self. Bunch of new guys on the team. No fan, we're 2 pts from playoffs. I think will be buyers not sellers

Reactions: thebus88

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
If the Jackets do end trading Foligno, I don't think they will be getting another player. I think they might load up on draft picks and use the picks to get a C in the off season.

Agree with this 100%. I'm in the 1st or bust camp, as well.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
As long as the CBJ are in the playoff hunt Jarmo isn't going to sell off his players (even if that's what I want to happen). This has been a dreadful team/year yet here they are on a possible playoff cusp. The organization needs an infusion of prospects that could be had by selling off a few eligible players but no way Jarmo gives up an opportunity to get to the playoffs.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
As long as the CBJ are in the playoff hunt Jarmo isn't going to sell off his players (even if that's what I want to happen). This has been a dreadful team/year yet here they are on a possible playoff cusp. The organization needs an infusion of prospects that could be had by selling off a few eligible players but no way Jarmo gives up an opportunity to get to the playoffs.

I still think they trade Savard regardless, unless they get red red hot.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Vote no to what? Being buyers, being sellers, trading Foligno and/or demanding a 1st for him?

All the rest I agree with exception of demanding a first for Foligno. Maybe getting 2 2nd's for Foligno or a 2nd and a prospect or even two decent prospects would be ok.. If Nick & CBJ want to continue on there is an easy avenue to do so even with trading him.

Reactions: Monk

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
All the rest I agree with exception of demanding a first for Foligno. Maybe getting 2 2nd's for Foligno or a 2nd and a prospect or even two decent prospects would be ok.. If Nick & CBJ want to continue on there is an easy avenue to do so even with trading him.

Gotcha. I agree pretty much with all of this then, especially if there's an agreement to bring Foligno back :)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm just going to smile and nod and go with what other people say, because my ability to watch games of late has been getting a tad curtailed and so I've been limited to highlight reels. (Between that and family stuff and other things, that's just a little bit of why I kind of vanished for a week and a half there and am still kind of only half here.)

Reactions: KJ Dangler

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I still think they trade Savard regardless, unless they get red red hot.

I hope you're right but based on Jarmos past and where they are right now in the standings I highly doubt it. He won't trade away a playoff chance for the couple of seconds he will get for Savard. My worst nightmare is that they keep Savard and sign him to an overpaid/unreasonable contract term.

Last edited:

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I'm just going to smile and nod and go with what other people say, because my ability to watch games of late has been getting a tad curtailed and so I've been limited to highlight reels. (Between that and family stuff and other things, that's just a little bit of why I kind of vanished for a week and a half there and am still kind of only half here.)

Hope everything is going alright. I had noticed you were not posting in the past few weeks.

To stay on topic: I hope we don't even think about buying. It makes no sense to send more assets out the door for a run that will assuredly come up short. We have too many holes and the chemistry is not there.

Reactions: 6zag

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hope everything is going alright. I had noticed you were not posting in the past few weeks.
It's not been bad family stuff, just very time- and attention-demanding. :)
We're this close to having everyone vaccinated and so trying to do more gatherings like we used to...

And also to stay on topic - with regard to buy/sell, frankly, I don't think a full rebuild is necessary. In particular, quixotic quests for MOAR PICKS in all things strike me as potentially more damaging. Selling UFAs makes some sense to me (altho the sentimental part of me would hate to see Savard go). But doing any sort of "trade a guy we have for a lesser roster player plus pick" type deal would be IMO the Wrong Thing.

Reactions: thebus88

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Anything less than sending Nick and Savard for good picks is an absolute failure in my eyes , regardless if we go on a run , and grab the 4th seed . Jarmo has a chance to atone for going all in Panarins last yr .. the organization needs a lot of picks , and need to focus on all the high quality centers / forwards they can draft . Start stocking up. Personally , I’m ready to turn the page , on to a new Era of Cbj of hockey

Reactions: Toe Pick

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Not sure how we improve our centers at this point without giving up something good.

Draft does help the current need.

UFA the best choices are RNH and Danault (2C).

I'd love to try to find a way to add Copp but he's a middle 6 at best (3C).

Seems like we need to find chemistry over a pure 1C/2C or trade something of value. There's also always the brick by brick and see how Tex\Ros\Domi\Stenlund grow.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think we need to acquire top end players and picks without giving much in return. It’s the best and quickest way to become a contender. Also we need to keep our top prospects.

I agree on keeping our top prospects. And while the other point you make is a good idea I don't see how we acquire the top end players/picks without giving up much. The trade deadline should send Foligno & Savard out for the best returns possible. MDZ too. Nothing else.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I agree on keeping our top prospects. And while the other point you make is a good idea I don't see how we acquire the top end players/picks without giving up much. The trade deadline should send Foligno & Savard out for the best returns possible. MDZ too. Nothing else.

Please let us trade MDZ for anything positive. Watching him lately has been awful.

Reactions: OldGoaltender

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Anything less than sending Nick and Savard for good picks is an absolute failure in my eyes , regardless if we go on a run , and grab the 4th seed . Jarmo has a chance to atone for going all in Panarins last yr .. the organization needs a lot of picks , and need to focus on all the high quality centers / forwards they can draft . Start stocking up. Personally , I’m ready to turn the page , on to a new Era of Cbj of hockey
Panarin wanted to play in New York nobody kept him. Besides he had the owner`s acceding to don`t trade him probably. Jarmo isn`t a fool to keep a player when it isn`t any chance to sign him. Especially if he`s UFA and has so value like Panarin.

Foligno, Savard, MDZ...MDZ is playing quite well now, Foligno and Savard have a good value but... what for them. Trades with Canadians team... a player must get not only the work visa but still quarantine. Mikko Lehtonen was traded 03/12. It`s 03/20 and he doesn`t play yet and only God know when he`ll be. We need help now and not wait twoo weeks. Although...maybe it doesn`t apply to American player. So Stastny would be very interesting in that case. Savard for Stastny. Laine has very good chemistry with him. He`s 36 and UFA after this season.

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Foligno will be back next year, even after a trade. Not sure about Savard returning after a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad