Line Combos: Roster Finalized as Training Camp Ends

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Fair enough. Looking at the ppg stats for those teams, he ranks well against the rest of the team. Maybe they were just low scoring/defensively-oriented teams? There are other fairly highly rated prospects in there below a ppg.

Just suggesting that maybe his AHL stats aren't the end all of predicting his NHL performance.

maybe. there are always outliers.

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto
maybe. there are always outliers.

I haven't the time to do a close look during the day, but did turn up some guys who had similar results in the AHL (though few who spent four years there ... size, you know) ...

Henrique, Chris Stewart, Grabner, Raymond, Neal, Sharp, Lombardi ... and a few others. Sharp probably stood out the most.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
For all of those players JvR/Kessel is a decent to massive upgrade over their current wingers.

its funny that bozak had a better ppg than jvr, yet people still insist that jvr is the one boosting bozak.

notvto mention the other centers on that list got to play with the likes of st.louis, marleau, nash, couture, benn, etc. on their wings.

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto
As a former Bozak basher, I have no problem recognizing that he really took his game to another level last season. Had little to do with JVR ... guy has become a pretty damn good player, although he gets wildly overrated defensively in some quarters.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
What would you like to see the Leafs do this season?

Personally I'd keep Lupul-Kadri-Kozun together. I like Komorav and Santorelli together Clarkson is just terrible though, I'd prefer to put him in the press box and have Leivo play on that line.

I think our defense should be like this
Phaneuf- Gardiner
Rielly-Robidas
Franson-Polak
Percy

Maybe trade Franson for picks and put Percy with Polak.

Last edited:

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Some people seem to be slotting Panik in on the second line, I think it's a bit early for that. Kozun hasn't played himself out of that spot yet, if at some point he does, then maybe give Panik a shot there, otherwise, run with Lupul-Kadri-Kozun. I'd like to see these lines in the next game:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kozun
Komarov-Santorelli-Clarkson
Winnik-Holland-Panik

As I've said in other threads, Frattin is the only player who played under 10 mins in the game last night, he's the obvious player to go out for Panik.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Some people seem to be slotting Panik in on the second line, I think it's a bit early for that. Kozun hasn't played himself out of that spot yet, if at some point he does, then maybe give Panik a shot there, otherwise, run with Lupul-Kadri-Kozun. I'd like to see these lines in the next game:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kozun
Komarov-Santorelli-Clarkson
Winnik-Holland-Panik

As I've said in other threads, Frattin is the only player who played under 10 mins in the game last night, he's the obvious player to go out for Panik.

Santorelli can also play on the 2nd line wing if Kozun ever loses that spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad