Nikita Tryamkin (925k)-> re-signs for 1.25M x 2 years
Bo Horvat (894k)-> re-signs for 5M x 5 years
Brendan Gaunce (863k)-> re-signs for 1M x 1 year
Reid Boucher (715k)->re-signs for 900k x 1 year
Andrey Pedan (700k)->re-signs for 800k x 1 year
Michael Chaput (600k)->GONE

2017-2018 Opening Line-Up
Sedin (7M)-Sedin (7M)-Eriksson (6M)
Baertschi (1.85M)-Horvat (5M)-Hansen (2.5M)
Burrows (2M)-Sutter (4.375M)-Virtanen (895k)
Boucher (900k)-Gaunce (1M)-Skille (900k)

Edler (5M)-Tanev (4.45M)
Hutton (2.8M)-Gudbranson (4M)
Tryamkin (1.25M)-Stecher (925k)

Miller (5M)
Markstrom (3.66M)

CAP=66.505M with Dorsett/Sbisa contract not added in yet, 72.755M cap hit if they were added in.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sven Baertschi and Jacob Markstrom were floundering on their former teams before spending some time in Utica.

Markstrom was elite at the AHL level from his first game in Utica. Not sure how much 'rebuilding' happened there.

Baertschi's corner was turned mid-way through 15-16 at the NHL level.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
UFAs we need to re-sign:
Alex Burrows (4.5M)-> Re-signs for 2m x 2 years
Jack Skille (700k)-> Re-signs for 900k x 1 year
Jayson Megna (600k)-> GONE
Philip Larsen (1.025M)-> GONE
Ryan Miller (6M) -> Re-signs for 5M x 1 year

RFAs we need to re-sign:
Erik Gudbranson (3.5M) re-signs for 4M x 4 years
Anton Rodin (950k)->re-signs for 1.25M x 2 years

Edler (5M)-Tanev (4.45M)

Miller (5M)
Markstrom (3.66M)

CAP=66.505M with Dorsett/Sbisa contract not added in yet, 72.755M cap hit if they were added in.
Miller should not be re-signed. Virtanen needs more time in the AHL. Rodin is a huge question mark but should not be getting a raise.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I'd be 100% fine with resigning Miller as long as we trade him at the TDL for a pick, and he resigns for no more than 1yr @ 3 million

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I'd be 100% fine with resigning Miller as long as we trade him at the TDL for a pick, and he resigns for no more than 1yr @ 3 million

Markstrom is ready to be number 1. Getting a cheap back up is better for the team. More capspace to re-sign Horvat and add other under the radar players like Marchessault is what needs to happen.

Trade Miller at the deadline is something I'm fully on board with.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Markstrom is ready to be number 1. Getting a cheap back up is better for the team. More capspace to re-sign Horvat and add other under the radar players like Marchessault is what needs to happen.

Trade Miller at the deadline is something I'm fully on board with.

If Markstrom was ready he'd be playing more. He is playing less than last season and he doesn't seem to have the Coach's confidence. Markstrom is not the starter yet and there is no sign he is going to become a starter this Summer. Miller should be re-signed for at least another season. I'm thinking he can leverage two years at 4.5m.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
If Markstrom was ready he'd be playing more. He is playing less than last season and he doesn't seem to have the Coach's confidence. Markstrom is not the starter yet and there is no sign he is going to become a starter this Summer. Miller should be re-signed for at least another season. I'm thinking he can leverage two years at 4.5m.

With Willie D, u simply cannot say that as fact.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
This is the same coach that put Horvat on the fourth line to start the year, overplays Granlund, refuses to take Sutter off the PP, and has played Dorsett and Gudbranson in the final minute of a games in which the Canucks were down by one. I don't think Markstrom not getting any starts is on him. Willie comments and actions suggest he will always give veterans the benefit of the doubt. Always.

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
I would be looking to land Lazar from the Senators. He has the potential to be a really impactful bottom-6 player we could use in the future. He is right handed and would give us options as he can play center or wing. He's good defensively and has a great attitude.

I would look at something along the lines of Hansen for Lazar. Both are expansion eligible. Lazar is coming off the ELC at the end of this season but we could resign him within the 2.5 million we moved out with Hansen. Maybe something like:

To OTT:

Hansen
4th 2017

To VAN:

Lazar
3rd 2017

It would be a relatively minor move to fill out our forward core:

_______ - Horvat - Boeser
Baertschi - ______ - _______
Granlund - Lazar - Virtanen
Gaunce - Gaudette - Lockwood

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Why would Miller sign that deal?

Oh he likely wouldn't. And I will clarify I hope we don't resign Miller. I'd rather roll with Garteig, Bachman or sign a UFA. What I said was I'd be "okay" with it as long as 1) We trade him for a pick at the deadline and 2) He signs for no more than 1yr @ 3 million.

Anything more than that and he can carry his D list wife's handbag.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I would be looking to land Lazar from the Senators. He has the potential to be a really impactful bottom-6 player we could use in the future. He is right handed and would give us options as he can play center or wing. He's good defensively and has a great attitude.

I would look at something along the lines of Hansen for Lazar. Both are expansion eligible. Lazar is coming off the ELC at the end of this season but we could resign him within the 2.5 million we moved out with Hansen. Maybe something like:

To OTT:

Hansen
4th 2017

To VAN:

Lazar
3rd 2017

Holy hell that's bad for us. You realize Lazar has like 1 goal this year right? I'll modify that trade

Hansen

For

1st round pick
Lazar

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays

To OTT:

Hansen
4th 2017

To VAN:

Lazar
3rd 2017

No thanks, Lazar isnt worth Hansen and moving up a round.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Sven Baertschi and Jacob Markstrom were floundering on their former teams before spending some time in Utica.

You make it seem like Baertschi was producing like Virtanen, but really, Baertschi came to a team stacked with really good veterans in Utica that almost won it all and became a good player for them. Which is what is happening in Vancouver with Horvat saying "follow me, Sven". I mean, Travis Green had 36 games with Sven - you legitimately believe that's all Green needed to make Sven an NHL'er?

How did Green work his magic with Markstrom? Is he all of a sudden the goalie coach down there too now? He really is a magician.

Travis Green is pretty overrated on here, I think. He's a good coach, but he's not the magician people like to claim he is.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

To OTT:

Hansen
4th 2017

To VAN:

Lazar
3rd 2017

That's a pretty bad return for Hansen. Lazar isn't worth much right now, he's really struggling to produce offensively in the NHL and AHL.

Honestly, we should only move him for a (late) 2017 or 2018 1st either this deadline or in the off-season, otherwise just hold on to him until the 2018 trade deadline where he would very likely get a good return.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I believe you also can't send Lazar to Utica because he would have to pass through waivers. Saw that on the Trades board today, so essentially, Lazar has to figure it out in the NHL at this point. Not sure if I want to go that route especially in return for Hansen.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
So he'll be a perfect linemate for Jake! :nod:

Yak was part of the worst draft in recent memory. If he had time and space like a bigger ice surface with bad defenders he could be servicable. He floats aimlessly and on breakouts is never in a position to receive a pass. In the O zone he looks semi dangerous until he gets challenged. He still does his weird outside moves then bad angle shots that hes known for. When he eventually coughs up the puck he just watches the play for a couple seconds leaving him behind the play. I had high hopes for him in STL but even hitchcock and Tarasanko havent been able to fix him. His best bet is KHL for a few years and maybe when hes 30 he will pull a Radulov but Radulov has talent that he could only wish for. Im a Green fan but Comets posters would be able to answer better on that. My guess is he would see mainly PP time and scratched often

^^^ Virtanen is better than Yakupov

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I believe you also can't send Lazar to Utica because he would have to pass through waivers. Saw that on the Trades board today, so essentially, Lazar has to figure it out in the NHL at this point. Not sure if I want to go that route especially in return for Hansen.

He doesn't require waivers this year but will next year. So yeah, it's another Baertschi situation. No way we should be expending an asset on him.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
So he'll be a perfect linemate for Jake! :nod:

Sporting buddy comedy. Misunderstood small foreigner struggling for a job meets big lazy local. They start off viewing each other as rivals, but grow a grudging respect, start growing as people and players, then start working together and breakout and make it to the bigs as a duo.

Is anyone else picking up Oscar's vibes.

Last edited:

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
UFAs we need to re-sign:
Alex Burrows (4.5M)-> Re-signs for 2m x 2 years
Jack Skille (700k)-> Re-signs for 900k x 1 year
Jayson Megna (600k)-> GONE
Philip Larsen (1.025M)-> GONE
Ryan Miller (6M) -> Re-signs for 5M x 1 year

RFAs we need to re-sign:
Erik Gudbranson (3.5M) re-signs for 4M x 4 years
Anton Rodin (950k)->re-signs for 1.25M x 2 years

L
Edler (5M)-Tanev (4.45M)

Miller (5M)
Markstrom (3.66M)

Same crap as this year,,,I'm all in,,,as long as it gets benning fired,,,I'm good wth it...

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Holy hell that's bad for us. You realize Lazar has like 1 goal this year right? I'll modify that trade

Hansen

For

1st round pick
Lazar

Wow. I remember a Horvat versus Lazar thread on the main board a couple of years ago, with many preferring Lazar, as I recall. How things change.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI

To OTT:

Hansen
4th 2017

To VAN:

Lazar
3rd 2017

That would be a horrible, horrible trade.

Lazar has little to no trade value. Several better young players have been available on waivers this season.

Hansen, despite his injury issues, could still fetch a quality asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad