Speculation: Roster building thread XXIII: Heading into doldrum days and All Star break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It'll be Jost off their roster if we trade with the Avs. Don't overthink it.

Considering how loaded Colorado is, I could definitively see a 1st and Jost being something Sakic would certainly think long and hard about. I personally would rather Burakovsky but if it was Jost instead, I'd be fine with that seeing he's still real young and has quite a bit of upside himself and very much fits into the rebuild and the kinds of players we want going forward.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Considering how loaded Colorado is, I could definitively see a 1st and Jost being something Sakic would certainly think long and hard about. I personally would rather Burakovsky but if it was Jost instead, I'd be fine with that seeing he's still real young and has quite a bit of upside himself.

How about this Kreider (50%) and Fast for Burakovsky, Jost, Compher 1st??

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
How about this Kreider (50%) and Fast for Burakovsky, Jost, Compher 1st??

Fast doesn't move the needle enough IMO for them to include both Burakovsky and Jost. Now you want to add Compher who is actually a nice complimentary piece and a 1st? Not a chance in the world.

Dude, that would be a fantastic deal for us but no way on gods green earth would Sakic do that. Let's not get greedy here. We'd be fortunate and we should thank our lucky stars if Sakic would do either Burakovsky or Jost and a 1st for Kreider.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Fast doesn't move the needle enough IMO for them to include both Burakovsky and Jost. Now you want to add Compher who is actually a nice complimentary piece and a 1st? Not a chance in the world.

Dude, that would be a fantastic deal for us but no way on gods green earth would Sakic do that. Let's not get greedy here. We'd be fortunate and we should thank our lucky stars if Sakic would do either Burakovsky or Jost and a 1st for Kreider.

I forgot Buchnevich lmfao.. Kreider Buchnevich, Fast for Compher, Burakovsky, Jost, 1st

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Burakovsky would be perfect for us. A 1st and him for Kreider is win/win for both teams. It's actually so perfect that it likely will never happen tho...lol
Doesnt make much sense at all for the Avs. They are basically losing the same offensive production they are bringing in, and then giving away their first also. Jost makes sense, Bura doesnt.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
We need forwards. We are thin there. But sure lets take there very average defenseman back for Kreider

You wouldn’t want someone like that on our team? An average player isn’t near best in the league in any category, which he undoubtedly is. He’s a superb skater as well & great character who’s a lockerroom favorite everywhere he goes. I think he’d be a great piece to balance out our undersized offensive-minded blueline.

A young defenseman of high draft pedigree who can skate and is one of the best hitters in the league and a 1st is a pretty fair return for Kreider. I’d much rather have that than a 1st & a prospect who’s not likely to pan out or a 2nd. If what we’re returning in this deal is a dman, we’re drafting a forward with that pick and seeking forwards through our other moves. We have a lot of D prospects sure but it’s still our worst position on our roster

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Doesnt make much sense at all for the Avs. They are basically losing the same offensive production they are bringing in, and then giving away their first also. Jost makes sense, Bura doesnt.

Kreider is a totally different type of player than Burakovsky is tho. His physicality and speed and his willingness to get down and dirty in the scoring areas is the opposite of Burakovsky and is exactly what the Avalanche would need in the playoffs.

I hear ya about the points being similar but that's not always the tell all. I was thinking Kreiders intangibles would be quite attractive to Sakic to possibly pull the trigger.

I do agree with you that Jost would likely be on paper an easier player than Burakovsky to give up plus the 1st from an Avalanche point of view.

Reactions: egelband

RiffyNYR61

Nov 12, 2008
PENN STATE
Can we have separate threads for legitimate, verifiable rumors And discussion vs this throw-anything-at-the-wall thatll never happen in a billion years stuff I’m forced to scroll through here?

Reactions: bleedblue94

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Burakovsky would be Buchnevich here. Unless he was guaranteed to ride shotgun with Zib or Panarin and had some chemistry he’d be a fast guy with all the tools who can go on hot streaks. I like him a lot, but I don’t think he’d be much different from Buch here.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I’m very happy the Devils made the Hall trade in December. Right now there are 7-8 teams that think they can win the Stanley Cup and it seems every one of them needs a scoring winger.

It does not appear that the Rangers have made Kreider available at this time. Of course that could change at a moments notice.

You all know that I would prefer to see Kreider signed and not traded but if he is made available to other teams, the bidding will be very heated. He would bring back more than Nash.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I forgot Buchnevich lmfao.. Kreider Buchnevich, Fast for Compher, Burakovsky, Jost, 1st

I still don't think Sakic even considers that as it would be too many moving parts. If Colorado is going to make a move, it would be simply bringing in a Kreider alone and that's about it.

They don't need much as like I said, they are loaded and ready to make a Cup run. Kreider would help them alot especially because they are going to have to get past the Blues and probably the Stars in order to get out of the West.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
not to single you out, but it’s posts like these that make it easier to block the mind vomit spammers. This has nothing to do with ‘Roster Building’ or discussing a feasible trade rumor. This is nothing short of video game garbage. Irrational, not hockey based, not reality based. It goes right up there with your 847-0 scores.
There are people here talking about getting Bryam & Newhook back for Kreider & Georgiev, but thinking Zadorov & a 1st for a rental is a fair return is “video game garbage”?

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Maybe I'm over simplifying this but why not:

Trade Skjei
Trade Geo
Trade Fast

Resign Kreider (5 years) with Skjei money. Take Strome to arbitration. Bridge Tony until Lundqvist is off the books and then give ADA the long term contract after that. I'm sure one of our many RD can play the left side. I feel like this would be the most conservative solution.

Because Kreider has no place in our future top 6 and paying him Skjei money to play till he’s 35 on the third line is a bad idea.

Reactions: charliemurphy

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I am still not convinced Henrik isn’t starting tomorrow. It’s just crazy they’d suit him that long. And the Isles will be on fire too.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Can we have separate threads for legitimate, verifiable rumors And discussion vs this throw-anything-at-the-wall thatll never happen in a billion years stuff I’m forced to scroll through here?

They are just so few...

Gorton is keeping all doors open on Kreider.

Gorton is listening on Geo, but it’s going to take a lot. Maybe even Kapanen isn’t enough.

Gorton tried to get Puljujärvi for Lias before the December deadline for Puljs.

Gorton is trying to trade Lias but won’t be in a hurry.

Don’t think you have anything more?

Maybe it could be a 1st post in thread thing? Basically I think we could just staple @RangerBoy ’s posts on each other to get all rumors. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad