Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Honest question but is anyone a bit surprised at the attention Schneider is getting from other teams' fans in trade proposals? It seems his popularity has risen a bit fairly quickly. I always thought Nils L. was the more coveted prospect but now it seems like he's a boring name to add to a trade proposal while other fans have tunnel vision for Schneider. I'm just a bit surprised that's all.

You just need to carefully choose where to pay attention and where to scroll over. There were plenty of views since the Rangers drafted Schneider that he was a more likely prospect than Lundkvist the organization would keep if it came to making a choice between these two.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Did anyone notice Kessel on the ice other than when the PP was out there and he was ripping shots from anywhere? The guy cant skate. He cant play defense. He was unnoticeable during even strength. Is he going to help us?
I don't understand the infatuation with Kessel. Maybe if this was Torts' team from a decade ago.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So JT Miller for reals ? Would be weird but he returns

1st , Jones , Chytil? That’s a lot but likely the cost

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Can we bundle our shit to Edmonton? Gauthier, Rooney and Georgiev for Yamamoto
Chytil, Kravtsov/Lundkvist + 1st for Chychrun
Hajek + 2nd for Lekhonen
re-sign Strome

Rooney has been a great signing for us... It might be a good time to move on if other (desperate) teams value him. I'd rather play Barron tbh and acquire a 2way player like Lekhonen.

Kreider | Zibs | Laffy
Panarin | Strome | Yamamoto
Lekhonen | Goodrow/Barron | Kakko
Hunt | Barron/Goodrow | Reaves

Lindgren Fox
Chychrun Trouba
KAM Schneider

feels like a really well balanced team

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Can we bundle our shit to Edmonton? Gauthier, Rooney and Georgiev for Yamamoto
Chytil, Kravtsov/Lundkvist + 1st for Chychrun
Hajek + 2nd for Lekhonen
re-sign Strome

Rooney has been a great signing for us... It might be a good time to move on if other (desperate) teams value him. I'd rather play Barron tbh and acquire a 2way player like Lekhonen.

Kreider | Zibs | Laffy
Panarin | Strome | Yamamoto
Lekhonen | Goodrow/Barron | Kakko
Hunt | Barron/Goodrow | Reaves

Lindgren Fox
Chychrun Trouba
KAM Schneider

feels like a really well balanced team

I don't see them walking away from Blais after targeting him like they did. Even without Blais, this lineup would be over the salary cap next year.

As for Rooney, if Barron is competing with Rooney, then there is a problem with Barron. Rooney is an ideal 4C. Nobody will pay more than he's worth to the team. Only way he leaves is if he prices himself out. Barron needs to stake out that 3C spot.

Reactions: bleedblue94

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I dont understand it either. This isn’t Phil Kessel from 5 years ago. Even then he wasnt the fastest of skaters.

It wouldn't be to build with him, but to ride him in a spot where we literally have almost nothing right now. For a few months. Kessel, on a shit team, has more points than just about everyone we've tried at top 6 RW combined. And he'd almost certainly be the cheapest option. Would I want Kessel on the team for the next few years? No. But would I prefer him (and his acquisition cost and playoff success) for a couple of months over breaking the bank on a Hertl, Miller, or Smith (assuming they get value for Smith)? Hell yeah.

Reactions: OrangePMD

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Realistically, you just really need Laf to be able to adjust to the RW. Give him time to do it, put him there, leave him there, live with the growing pains.

K-Z-Laf
Bread - Strome - KK
Goodrow - Barron - Blais
Hunt - Rooney - Reaves

Chytil, Strome, Kravtsov, Lundkvist, Jones can be used to upgrade 2C and LD. You can also explore a different 3RW and bump Blais to 4LW and Hunt to 13F.

There’s no point in holding Laf and Kakko if they’re not going to be top six fixtures. We’re just gonna have to live with the growing pains. With that said, Kreider isn’t falling out of the top six anytime soon. Which gives Othman and Berard some time to break in slowly.

The moves should be 2C, 2LD and maybe a 3RW and those are the movable pieces.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
It wouldn't be to build with him, but to ride him in a spot where we literally have almost nothing right now. For a few months. Kessel, on a shit team, has more points than just about everyone we've tried at top 6 RW combined. And he'd almost certainly be the cheapest option. Would I want Kessel on the team for the next few years? No. But would I prefer him (and his acquisition cost and playoff success) for a couple of months over breaking the bank on a Hertl, Miller, or Smith (assuming they get value for Smith)? Hell yeah.
I would rather JT Miller for this year and next over Kessel 10/10.

Reactions: McSauer

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
32 Thoughts: A lesson to learn (sportsnet.ca)

6. It’s grind time for Jakob Chychrun. There are several teams going hard at this. Florida is there for sure, but I'm not convinced they want to move Anton Lundell. I think Columbus is there. Anaheim, Boston and Carolina have been there. I suspect Colorado is in stealth mode. No doubt there are others. My sense is Los Angeles and the Rangers are out for now -- weird stuff happens, you never know. But we’re past the fact-finding stage and we’ll see when it closes.

Elliotte's "sense" (there he goes again) is that the Rangers are "out for now."

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Ride out Stromer for this season.

Pick up Eric Staal at 3c for cash only.

Reevaluate assets for upgrades during the summer? Unless AZ bites on our Chychrun offer.

Reactions: smoneil

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Friedman (and Marek) seem to be throwing a lot at the wall, but I get the impression Drury has set his price (Nils/Krav/1st) and doesn't need to budge
I also get the impression over the past almost year here that Friedman is kinda lost when it comes to what's happening in the Rangers front office. Whenever he talks about the Rangers it's a lot of "I think" and "My sense is"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad