Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Can feel the '22 first burning a hole in Drury's pocket.

Especially in light of the news that Giroux wouldn't waive for the NYR, 1st had to be going back.

Nothing earth-shattering. Holding out hope if/when they deal it, they will get at least a medium-term piece back and not a pure rental.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Would love to see Suzuki here. I think he's only scratched the surface on what he's capable of.

Lehkonen has been mentioned on this thread for months. Seems like a good fit here. No idea of the cost.

Can't imagine they are in on Gallagher although, Drury loves this type of a player. Gritty, tough to play against, top 6 guy. Hefty pricetag, so i would imagine he's not Broadway bound.

I don't see them giving up Suzuki, but he is a bit of a gamble. He likely has another level (he's only 22), but he's paid like he's already hit that level. Right now, he's Ryan Strome on a nearly 8 million dollar cap hit. If he never hits that next level, he'll end up as one of the worst contracts in the league, and he's signed for another 8 years. If he DOES hit that next level, he could easily become one of the better contracts in the league. I don't know that I take that gamble, especially when factoring in the likely acquisition cost, but I tend to be more cautious than most on here.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Especially in light of the news that Giroux wouldn't waive for the NYR, 1st had to be going back.

Nothing earth-shattering. Holding out hope if/when they deal it, they will get at least a medium-term piece back and not a pure rental.
Agree.

It's weird. For years we've been almost trained to treat first rounders as pure gold because we knew how important they were to the rebuild after so many years of dealing them.

Today, considering the pick will be in the bottom 3rd of the round I am much more willing to deal it - but its gotta be for the right player that plugs a hole going forward, not just this season.

If he does deal the 1st, he should hold onto the 2 seconds in the event someone falls that they really like. Move it then.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Friedman on Mareks show today:
- Kings/Van are talking Garland
- Wonders if Calgary takes a swing at Lindholm. Bob Murray is now a consultant in Calgary, knows the player well.
- Leafs in on Lindholm but aren't keen on giving up their 1st. Thinks Giordano/Braun are more likely for TOR.
- Thinks Toronto moves Travis Dermott.
- Boston, LA, STL, Carolina all in on Lindholm.
- Says Boston is looking to make moves. Want to add both D and F. Mentions Copp, Jacob Chy, Giordano.
- Colorado also looking at Copp.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Chychurn makes a lot of sense for Boston IMO. And you'd have to think Toronto and Giordano--probably Dermott and a pick going the other way.

Lindholm might be the biggest fish in the rental market at this point, so somebody's going to cough up a first for him.

Not a ton of speculation on Lehkonen. Makes me think he's Drury's main target. On defense, probably De Haan.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Friedman on Mareks show today:
- Kings/Van are talking Garland
- Wonders if Calgary takes a swing at Lindholm. Bob Murray is now a consultant in Calgary, knows the player well.
- Leafs in on Lindholm but aren't keen on giving up their 1st. Thinks Giordano/Braun are more likely for TOR.
- Thinks Toronto moves Travis Dermott.
- Boston, LA, STL, Carolina all in on Lindholm.
- Says Boston is looking to make moves. Want to add both D and F. Mentions Copp, Jacob Chy, Giordano.
- Colorado also looking at Copp.
Interesting no mention of the Rangers…that’s free press this time of year, even if Drury is keeping things as close to the best as possible.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

I think it was Friedmans podcast that mentioned the Rangers weren't likely to trade a 1st for a Rental player. Hope that is true. Hated the endless drafts without a pick in the 1st, or even 2nd for that matter.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Montreal is not trading Suzuki.

For shits and giggles, lets say they are... who can afford $7.8M? Ok, good talk.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
random musings:

if nyr offer kravtsov and robertson for lekhonen does that get it done? I know a lot of us like robertson a lot, but it appears there is going to be a big bidding war for lekhonen and he is controllable.

IF in the completely unlikely world that suzuki gets dealt one would have to believe that NYR would try to use kakko in a deal as opposed to laf. regardless, this is all a pipedream, I cant see the habs dealing suzuki.

in the crazy world of deals the unrealistic grenade of deals I would like to see is giroux to the panthers in a deal that involves knight, then hart and provorov being part of a deal to the yotes for chychurn. obviously it isnt happening, but would be fun to see the type of real shakeup deals happen that the league lacks.

Reactions: egelband

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I think it was Friedmans podcast that mentioned the Rangers weren't likely to trade a 1st for a Rental player. Hope that is true. Hated the endless drafts without a pick in the 1st, or even 2nd for that matter.
Agreed. If it's for someone, a center, cost controlled as part of a package, then so be it. Otherwise keep it and make the pick.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
You forgot:

as a UFA at the end

I really don't like the idea of paying for his services via trade. More comfortable going for Lehkonen or someone like that.

Also, go get Radulov as a cap dump
I didn’t forget. I know he is a UFA. We need Centers. I would get him over here. Good friends with Trouba. Hope he loves it here and extends at a reasonable price

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If I'm paying a premium, I'd prefer Lehkonen.

4 lines

Kreider Zibs Laffy
Panarin Strome Vatrano
Lehkonen Chytil Kakko ( can replace Chytil with Goodrow endgame )
Goodrow Rooney Hunt/Reaves/Brodz

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Personally I prefer it all together, easier to just follow one thread
I get the idea, but people will start to comment on the source posts and we will have two trade deadline threads going. Its inevitable.

If there was a way to sticky a side bar with the relevant source tweets that would be the way to go.

HF should think about redesigning the whole site and add that feature ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad