Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
It's simple...we can't keep everybody , which means life without Strome . I think by this stage the Rangers front office already has a plan in place for the different scenarios that could possibly play out on KK contract and Strome wants for term and dollars . They certainly cannot take the chance of flying blind going forward . Maybe next season it looks like this....Panarin-Zibs-Blais/Kravs? and Laf-Chytil-Kakko or maybe swap the RW's . 3rd unit of Kreider -[Barron or Rooney or Goodrow] -Gauthier /Kravs? and a 4th line combo of Reaves-[Rooney/Barron/Goodrow] & Hunt ....and no Ryan Strome . Some variables to consider...as there always is .

I think with the continuing progression of Chytil-Laff-KK-Gauthier it will more than offset the loss of Ryan Strome . Then the following season we see even more from KK -Laff-Barron-Gauthier.......those guys will just keep improving along with the added offense generated by our back end addition of Jones and Schneider and Miller also finding more offense in his game.....simple evolution should fix our anticipated problems or seemingly lack of problems which always get overrated here . We have great young talent....let them grow !!!!!

Opps...tried to delete the previous reply....oh well LOL.....

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Seems like Lindgren is well liked by the players. I can't see that happening.

Is this to keep Strome and get rid of Chytil or to keep Chytil and replace Strome? @Chytilmania
it'd be a move out of necessity. Getting a good 2way player that can skate.

It would work with either or but it'd obviously give us more space to sign a Strome. I'm indifferent on Strome tbh. I understand if they sign him. I understand if they let him walk.

Above all, we need better 2way centers... for now and the future. I still see a future for Chytil here, but I still see it at wing.

You got to give to get. I know we will be giving but with an untested NHL prospect, are we getting? @ramp5

that's the issue. Lindgren is a good player but with our army of defensement on the way and our need, it may be worth the trade off. Theoretically Jones could step in right now and play with Trouba.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Would Kaut+ get Krastov?

Kravs + for Newhook ?

Kravs plus Jones seems to much but I think most would do Kravs plus Robertson.

Still not enough ?

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I think signs are pointing to Strome resigning with the Rangers. Based on his performance, that makes a lot of sense to me. That also leads me to believe that Chytil is probably headed out, possibly in a deal for a young center.

You tell me which desirable young center is being made available by his current team (e.g. Newhook, Turcotte etc) and I’ll craft an offer that will get him here.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Re-signing Strome is quite easily one of the worst decisions this franchise could make and locking long-term money into Mika and Strome as your top-2 centers as they go into their 30s with movement clauses is a death knell.

Just absolute stupidity from this franchise.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Re-signing Strome is quite easily one of the worst decisions this franchise could make and locking long-term money into Mika and Strome as your top-2 centers as they go into their 30s with movement clauses is a death knell.

I get cised for synergy.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Jones is 100% ready. Schneider is playing pretty well and strikes me as the McDonagh-type who is better against better competition.
I don’t want to rush Schneider. I want him to get at least 3/4 of a season down there. Maybe if we trade Lundkvist then he gets a look.

But I think we should get Jones a look sooner than later. Lundkvist continually getting NHL ice time feels very forced.

Reactions: nyr2k2 and doming07

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I think its unlikely we see much change from the 3rd pair, we signed nemeth longterm for some boneheaded reason and they could swap nils for schneider but its unlikely. I think an alternative is mixing up our pairs. Something along the lines of
Kandre-Fox, Nemeth-Trouba, and Lindgren-Nils might work better together all around.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Not sure why a team would trade a young center prospect for Chytil, or why the Rangers would want to do that.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
it'd be a move out of necessity. Getting a good 2way player that can skate.

It would work with either or but it'd obviously give us more space to sign a Strome. I'm indifferent on Strome tbh. I understand if they sign him. I understand if they let him walk.

Above all, we need better 2way centers... for now and the future. I still see a future for Chytil here, but I still see it at wing.

that's the issue. Lindgren is a good player but with our army of defensement on the way and our need, it may be worth the trade off. Theoretically Jones could step in right now and play with Trouba.
Too bad Chytil and Laf can't switch positions.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I think its unlikely we see much change from the 3rd pair, we signed nemeth longterm for some boneheaded reason and they could swap nils for schneider but its unlikely. I think an alternative is mixing up our pairs. Something along the lines of
Kandre-Fox, Nemeth-Trouba, and Lindgren-Nils might work better together all around.
Nemeth has only 2 more years after this one. Not “longterm” and also very movable

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I don’t want to rush Schneider. I want him to get at least 3/4 of a season down there. Maybe if we trade Lundkvist then he gets a look.

But I think we should get Jones a look sooner than later. Lundkvist continually getting NHL ice time feels very forced.
And also since he doesn't get NHL ice time late in the game, so his lack of playing is also a detriment to his own development.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
And also since he doesn't get NHL ice time late in the game, so his lack of playing is also a detriment to his own development.
I would rather Nils get 22 minutes a night in Hartford. But I can understand with the team winning they are letting him stay up trying to show he is an NHL defenseman already and the blue chip prospect teams should be calling about, and not Zac Jones or Braden Schneider so that they can keep the latter while adding the Center they need for 2C

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I go back and forth on this, but I don’t agree. Strome is going to give you value as long as he is with Panarin. He is putting numbers up and helping the team. It’s the Chytil spot that they need to upgrade. Chytil is still offering nothing and his line is the worst on the team. Who cares if Panarin is driving that line with Strome. Bread man loves him and you can bet away with the likes of Hunt, Blackwell, etc on that line. That says something.

Rangers have tried to get other centers and there obviously isn’t a deal there so keeping Strome is not the worst idea

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Do we start talking about moving Goodrow to make room for Strome? He's a solid player but he's nearly a $4M 4th liner.

If we can squeeze them in next season, it's always an option to move him to give Laf and KAM a bump in pay

Reactions: Big Chunky Bubbles

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I think signs are pointing to Strome resigning with the Rangers. Based on his performance, that makes a lot of sense to me. That also leads me to believe that Chytil is probably headed out, possibly in a deal for a young center.

You tell me which desirable young center is being made available by his current team (e.g. Newhook, Turcotte etc) and I’ll craft an offer that will get him here.

I'm fine with that. I'd trade Chytil and Lundkvist for a cost-controlled young C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad