Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I dont think the Rangers will have cap issues next year or the year after. Rooney can be resigned for cheap. I would see if a 1 million per for 2 years works. Barron is progressing. Kakko doesn't look like he will be expensive. Gettinger can get a spot of the 4th line/13th for cheap. The same 7 D we have now will return. Resign Kinkaid for 925K. Not a bad position at all. And depending on trades, anywhere from 3.5 to 6 million to work with. Then in 23-24 all the buyouts are off the books. That's 3.5 million right there. Thats a whole good player. The situation is not dire, its actually alright.

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I dont think the Rangers will have cap issues next year or the year after. Rooney can be resigned for cheap. I would see if a 1 million per for 2 years works. Barron is progressing. Kakko doesn't look like he will be expensive. Gettinger can get a spot of the 4th line/13th for cheap. The same 7 D we have now will return. Resign Kinkaid for 925K. Not a bad position at all. And depending on trades, anywhere from 3.5 to 6 million to work with. Then in 23-24 all the buyouts are off the books. That's 3.5 million right there. Thats a whole good player. The situation is not dire, its actually alright.
Who's our 2c?

Reactions: mas0764

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
We hardly have one now. But with Chytil, 3.5 million in space. Without him, 6 million. I'm sure we can find someone.
Hopefully Georgiev is gone for a cheaper alternative that is more consistent As well should give us an extra mill to 1.3 in cap space.
Barron will also be a full time player. If he shows chemistry with Panarin, we’re golden.
If he’s more of a 3C type, they likely trade chytil if he doesn’t have a solid year and go hunting for a 2C upgrade.
The only way I see strome here is if he takes like a 2yr 6 mill per deal, which would make no sense for him.
The rangers are not going to have Ryan strome signed to a longer term then Panarin. Sorry strome fans, that’s just not going to happen. And Frankly it shouldn’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrAlmost

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Hopefully Georgiev is gone for a cheaper alternative that is more consistent As well should give us an extra mill to 1.3 in cap space.
Barron will also be a full time player. If he shows chemistry with Panarin, we’re golden.
If he’s more of a 3C type, they likely trade chytil if he doesn’t have a solid year and go hunting for a 2C upgrade.
The only way I see strome here is if he takes like a 2yr 6 mill per deal, which would make no sense for him.
The rangers are not going to have Ryan strome signed to a longer term then Panarin. Sorry strome fans, that’s just not going to happen. And Frankly it shouldn’t.
This is true. After modest raises and swapping out Georgie, your C depth looks like Mika/Chytil/Barron unless more salary is moved - go armchair GM it

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
You mean not consistantly drafting more quality centers when we knew we needed centers in the year 2022? Yep it has drastically gone wrong.
Odds are there’s a surplus trade coming. We’re obviously not going to have enough spots for nhl ready kids on our blue line.
The kings are An obvious target. But I’m sure they are scouting other teams that have need for defensive help and have what we need.
Scheifle and PLD aren’t going anywhere for a while. They also gave Lowry a new deal. I wouldn’t mind trading for Lucius to add to our farm. They need some defensive help.
More then likely when we swing a trade it will probably be for someone whose more established and a little further along in their development though.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
A lot of teams should regret not making bigger trade push for Tarasenko
Now, a little more than a month into the season, it is worth wondering how many teams are having some second thoughts about not trying to buy low on a star that is healthy and once again playing like an impact player.
As of Monday he has seven goals (all of them at even-strength) and 14 total points in the Blues’ first 14 games, while also posting the second highest shots on goal numbers of his career (3.79 per game). In other words, he looks an awful lot like the Vladimir Tarasenko that was the Blues’ most dynamic player and one of the league’s most feared goal scorers for the better part of his career.
Tarasenko reportedly gave the Blues a 10-team list that was believed to include teams like the Islanders, Flyers, Golden Knights, Rangers, and Bruins, among others. Quite a few of those teams could use another top-line goal scorer right now.
Hmm...

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

if these kids don’t start putting the puck in the net we’ll never have cap issues. Add on those who high picks who refuse to play here, the cap is easy to manage

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
you really beat the same shit to death every day huh? A never ending stream of complaining
At least I'm complaining about a subject within the purview of this message board. You're complaining about a poster on that message board. Maybe you should hit that old ignore button and move on.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm interested in Tarasenko for sure, but they really can't afford him next season @ $7.5m. That's the crux. St Louis would need to retain or the Rangers would need to be 100% sure they:
1) aren't keeping Strome
2) can trade Nemeth
3) can get Blais and Kaako under $2.5m per season each
4) can trade Georgiev

That's a lot of things that need to line up perfectly. And even with those things, it's nearly impossible unless St Louis retains $2.5m.

I'd say I would probably prefer just singing Pavelski (if they could fit him) on a 1-2 year deal as a UFA

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
I know it's sarcasm but the Vancouver version of JT Miller is a beast all over the ice and a point per game player, he would actually be a welcome addition.
And he's on a pretty solid contract for what he brings at 5.25 for this season and the next. As luck would have it, they need help on RD...

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Blais out hurts, but we just need to move Kreider back to RW.

Just stick with

Laf Zibs Kreids
Panarin Strome Kakko

those are your top6 players. Let it happen.

any combo of Goodrow Barron Chytil seems like a good 3rd line to me.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I'm interested in Tarasenko for sure, but they really can't afford him next season @ $7.5m. That's the crux. St Louis would need to retain or the Rangers would need to be 100% sure they:
1) aren't keeping Strome
2) can trade Nemeth
3) can get Blais and Kaako under $2.5m per season each
4) can trade Georgiev

That's a lot of things that need to line up perfectly. And even with those things, it's nearly impossible unless St Louis retains $2.5m.

I'd say I would probably prefer just singing Pavelski (if they could fit him) on a 1-2 year deal as a UFA
I read a Rutherford piece recently on how the Scandella/Parayko pair isn't working for the Blues, but they lack alternatives. Maybe they would take Nemeth. They also do not have a backup they trust for Binnington, who has started all but three games this season.

Tara/Husso/Thomas for Strome/Georgiev/Nemeth? Would throw in Kravtsov if they include Kostin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad