Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XVI: C'mon, do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Anyway I don't know if Elite Prospects or Cap Friendly are jumping the gun but they have these signings:

Elite Prospects:

Pateryn-Minn.
Hutton-Buff.
Khudobin-Dal.
Beagle-Van.
Ryan-Calg.
Czarnik-Calg.
JVR-Phil.

Cap Friendly:

Roussel-Van.
Beagle-Van.
Johnson-Pittsburgh for 5 years. WTF!
Vanek-Det.
Hutton-Buff.
Wedgewood-Buff.
Khudobin-Dal.
Czarnik-Calg.
Ryan-Calg.
JVR-Phil.

Philly giving JVR 5 years at 7 mil with $10+ the first year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If you can get Trouba for Hayes, that’s a no brainer. I’d give him $6-7m per year for 8 years
I mean, with Stastny leaving Winnipeg can just re-sign Trouba now. I think that window might have closed

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
We need to keep Hayes he’s the best rfa we have. Spooner one year deal trade him at the deadline for assets- hardball him as needed. If names leaves for khl that’s a serious fail on the part of management- I think they’ll give him what he wants. Lock up Brady long term too.

Uncle Larry thinks we will offer a multi year deal to reider or Carr - I’m ok with one of the two but not both.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Taking Ryan + a sweetener and sending back Smith might work. Ryan has 4 years left on his contract at 7.5 mil, 1 year less than Lucic, and his buyout is much better than Lucic's. I'm not in love with it, but I like it better than trading for Lucic.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
If I'm the isles, I have a deal on the table for ROR before the bonus is paid. Shelter Barzal from the tough minutes this year and transition the responsibilities as ROR declines. Stastny is in Vegas. Could be a bidding war with Montreal.

Center options are drying up. Good for us. The surprise this offseason is the UFA going to teams that didn't seem to have that particular need. Stastny and JVR off the top of my head. Did SJ really need another top 6 center?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Is Namestnikov filing for salary arbitration on Thursday?

The Rangers should take him to salary arbitration if he doesn't file. Friday is their deadline.

He has a good case for getting $$3.5-4M.

If he files for arbitration and signs with a KHL team, that is a valid contract.

Jiri Hudler

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2009/08/arbiter_awards_jiri_hudler_two.html

Even if he goes to the KHL and returns to the NHL in the future,he would still need to play under that NHL contract.

Reactions: DutchShamrock

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We need to keep Hayes he’s the best rfa we have. Spooner one year deal trade him at the deadline for assets- hardball him as needed. If names leaves for khl that’s a serious fail on the part of management- I think they’ll give him what he wants. Lock up Brady long term too.

Uncle Larry thinks we will offer a multi year deal to reider or Carr - I’m ok with one of the two but not both.

So if Names leaves for KHL that's a serious fail on the part of management. Caving in and giving him what he wants, what would you call that?

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
If I'm the isles, I have a deal on the table for ROR before the bonus is paid. Shelter Barzal from the tough minutes this year and transition the responsibilities as ROR declines. Stastny is in Vegas. Could be a bidding war with Montreal.

Center options are drying up. Good for us. The surprise this offseason is the UFA going to teams that didn't seem to have that particular need. Stastny and JVR off the top of my head. Did SJ really need another top 6 center?
Centers drying up and Jeff Gorton over here like
birdman-rubbing-hands-together-gif-10.gif

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Taking Ryan + a sweetener and sending back Smith might work. Ryan has 4 years left on his contract at 7.5 mil, 1 year less than Lucic, and his buyout is much better than Lucic's. I'm not in love with it, but I like it better than trading for Lucic.
-If- you needed to get rid of Smith that bad you just buy him out. We don't need to and he isn't the player we saw last year.

Ryan can only be obtained for a stupid return of picks/assets. This isn't about getting out from a bad contract. Its stockpiling the cupboard. Melnyk is broke, if he wants to keep being an owner he can send us his best prospect outside of Tkachuk along with Ryan.

It would be a huge mistake to include Smith. Not good asset management.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
As someone else noted, he has never had offensive W talent around him.
Closest to it is when he had Buch as a W for literally a game or 2, a couple of goals were scored, not a bonanza, just a modest but def. result in the right direction. Then for reasons otherwise inexplicable -- til you remember AV, decision to give Boo mo mins, desire to retain elc -- he was demoted. Automatically, some wanna label a bust.

If you and the handful of others who constantly give me grief and would contradict me if I said water was wet TRULY believed that, then what are you afraid of.

We all know how Kreider can elevate a line. We see with our own 2 eyes the indisputable and obvious talents/attributes of Nieves -- size, speed, etc. -- and clearly he brings that.

There is a tiny chance that this is oil and water and something that looks good on paper, but once you try it, nope.

But there is a greater likelihood it should and will work. Esp. when the ultimate RW joining would be Krav.

Yeah, I call you out here.
The acid test is like I said, give legit chance to make this work, full support, every opportunity to succeed. IF IF IF IF that truly takes place, and still fails, then I'll man up and take your lumps. But in the mean time, why don't you demonstrate an open mind?

Could it be you're afraid I might be proven right?
I am confident given real support and a fair chance Kreider and Nieves will work.

Ye of little faith, and apparently, sometimes, little knowledge.

Stop. Comparing "nieves can play 1C" to "water is wet" is a massive fallacy. A better comparison would be "grass is black". That is why people give you grief. You talk about a guy who has never been offensively talented at any level who will suddenly be a competent #1 center because of "synergy" with a player that he has never played with. Plus, and I like Kreider, this isn't a Gretzky/dave semenko situation. Kreider isn't talented enough to elevate a not quite NHL 4th liner to 1st line competency.

Its basically the equivalent of me saying "hey, I know some guitar chords, I could definitely sit in for Eric Clapton at his next show". Then argue that I am correct for 2 years with anyone who points out the obvious fallacy in my statement.

Reactions: broadwayblue

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
So if Names leaves for KHL that's a serious fail on the part of management. Caving in and giving him what he wants, what would you call that?
I should have said “within reason”- he’s not getting 8x8 or something. Take him to arbitration if he bolts to Russia you can hold it on him like they did with that Czech player in Detroit a few years back - blanking on the name, he later signed in Calgary. So basically if he goes to Russia and wants to come back you’ve got him by the balls.

Edit- it was jiri hudler

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Namestnikov is a good player but I'm not going to worry overly much about him. Almost all of his production last year was with the Lightning. IMO the Rangers should be playing some hardball with him.

Rieder would be a good pickup. Only 25 years old.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
That JVR contract is not good in any way. When Philly starts getting 2015-16 Nash production from him by year two, the mob will arrive.

Namestnikov is pulling a Korpikoski. Not really sold on him. Something happened with his attitude, would love to find out if AV ticked him off or he just hated going to a rebuilding squad.

Hayes for Trouba makes little sense for Winnipeg; robbing Peter to pay Paul. Byfuglien isn't young and while Trouba isn't perfect, they'll need an anchor on that day in 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad