Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
It would be a catastrophe of moronic proportions to make not adjustments to the existing roster prior to the expansion draft and be left in a position where Lindgren is forced to be exposed. I think it is silly to entertain that that will come to pass. That said, this makes it clear to look out for some kind of depth defense signing or two, but that shouldn’t be a surprise.

Reactions: bobbop

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It would be a catastrophe of moronic proportions to make not adjustments to the existing roster prior to the expansion draft and be left in a position where Lindgren is forced to be exposed. I think it is silly to entertain that that will come to pass. That said, this makes it clear to look out for some kind of depth defense signing or two, but that shouldn’t be a surprise.

The reason it was brought up is because a lot of people forget/don't know about the fact that the team has to expose players who meet certain criteria, and that those aren't necessarily the players Seattle would pick. Gauthier might not meet the exposure criteria but he's a more interesting target for Seattle than Howden for instance.

I doubt we will see Lindgren exposed, but the Rangers have some decisions to make to prevent that from happening.

- Playing Hajek 40 games, or
- Re-signing Smith, or
- Trading for/signing a player who hits the 40/70 GP minimum

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Excited to see Buch actually playing in these playoffs unlike last time where he barely had a chance. Think he will have a big playoff, especially if his line is matched up against Skjei's pairing.

And his english is pretty damn good now.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
The reason it was brought up is because a lot of people forget/don't know about the fact that the team has to expose players who meet certain criteria, and that those aren't necessarily the players Seattle would pick. Gauthier might not meet the exposure criteria but he's a more interesting target for Seattle than Howden for instance.

I doubt we will see Lindgren exposed, but the Rangers have some decisions to make to prevent that from happening.

- Playing Hajek 40 games, or
- Re-signing Smith, or
- Trading for/signing a player who hits the 40/70 GP minimum
It's just a good way for some vets to get the a 1 or 2 year cheap contract

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Exposing Lindgren isn't the best option but he certainly isn't a guy I would make a trade to keep. He's played one season and wasn't very good. Just sign some random guy to fit the quota.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I assume this is based mostly on poor advanced statistics?
Has to be. He pairs well with Fox and Plays a mean nasty game. Guy brings it every game and doesn't take shit from anyone. I know some may feel his ceiling isn't very high but he just turned 22. Sure if in the future the likes of Miller/Jones take the job from him fine but he's is an important part of this young defense right now.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I like Lindgren, but I am 50/50 on agreeing with SA's sentiment. It ultimately depends on the value of whatever piece we trade/who we get back.

(I still would like Jake Bean from CAR, and I'd probably protect him over Lindgren, but it's close)

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If they buy-out Staal or Smith this summer, they’ll presumably want some sort of veteran LD. Sign him 2 years instead of 1.

Reactions: Kendo

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If they buy-out Staal or Smith this summer, they’ll presumably want some sort of veteran LD. Sign him 2 years instead of 1.

i don't think they will buyout either but will still sign someone regardless. I think the fact that we invite crawley just to get to 9 dmen shows how much we lack depth after moving skjei.

the exposure thing is a non-issue imo. they will either trade or sign someone. guaranteed JG has had a plan since the seattle franchise was announced.

the ONLY way Lindgren get exposed is if the opportunity arises to acquire a top 4 guy that is better than him that needs to be protected (and ADA isn't the cost). there is zero chance he gets exposed cause JG 'forgot' to sign a scrub to meet the requirements. thats not how he rolls, if anything he worries too much about the small details to let something like that happen

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I think Lindgren is about to show his worth. He could be the perfect guy to anchor and become a veteran guy on the left side. Can play anywhere really but fits fine on either bottom pair. I think his game will fit playoffs very well, and he’s honestly been better than I originally anticipated. It seems like he’s genuinely made strides since coming to NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad