Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Necas will seemingly be available. Not sure what the trade or contract cost will be but he's a good player

Necas would thrive with this core. Kakko or Othmann for a RW/C in the right age range. Not really going deep on offseason moves yet but it’s fun to think about taking advantage of Carolina’s thriftiness again

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yeah don’t like when people lump him in with Wennberg. He has had moments where he’s come thru and is sometimes dangerous offensively.
Absolutely. He had a brilliant little play on Kreider’s first goal last night. He’s not a game breaker but he also doesn’t have to be. He’s fast and has good skill and a decent mind for the game. That’s enough to do damage in that position

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Not a chance in hell I give Pesce a fat contract

Schneider is the Trouba replacement. Get a strong 3RD that can slot up if needed. A guy like Tanev is perfect but don’t think he’d come to NY

We need another top4 LHD. Lindgren is not a top4 guy. Chychrun or Theodore types. They need to be mobile and competent on offense
This….. it will likely be a veteran with some chops ala Gus……
Jones is going to be a full timer to start the season next year most likely.
Coaches don’t like starting too rookies on D pairing set…..
It took lavi all season to put miller-Schneider together, and it was Schneiders 2nd and millers 4th/5th year, though they are both still young.
Rookies look to vets for advice, leadership, and a myriad of other things during the long season.
IMO best case would be if Jones or Lindgren can play RD.
It keeps Lindgren in the fold ( he shouldn’t cost a ton), he’s well liked, decreases his work load against teams top players, can slot up in case of injury in a pinch, and he’s well liked by the team.
IMO, he would be a great partner/mentor for Jones.
Then they can work on finding a new long term partner for Fox if that’s the route they want to go…….
Captain or not, I think due to Troubas age/contract status his time with NYR is a ticking clock whether he moves this offseason or next imo

If sanheim is on the block, rangers should have interest.

Last edited:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Necas would thrive with this core. Kakko or Othmann for a RW/C in the right age range. Not really going deep on offseason moves yet but it’s fun to think about taking advantage of Carolina’s thriftiness again

I don’t get why they would trade Necas he had a great series

no
stop dealing youth for vets

Have you been happy with the playoffs Bern!?

Imagine they win with this roster ?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Have you been happy with the playoffs Bern!?

Imagine they win with this roster ?
yes and no on being happy
they are still paying the price for prior bad decisions
and some new ones
all of which were/are mostly avoidable
and they are fortunate to have narrowly overcome [as I said they would] a good CAR team

Unless/until my design is in place and the standard by which we judge success, which scenario is a parallel for all of us, btw, I will continue to press for fair evaluation of my comparison to alternate.
Happily they have started to wean off win now/dealing youth, but we have to be disciplined about that going forward to max our window

We did not dominate CAR, we barely got through them.
While I am happy w/the result, I would not brag.

We won last game we looked like we were gonna lose b'c inexplicably Kreider channeled his inner Messier.

------
I maintain what I said prior
We would roll over the hapless caps -- check
Would overcome CAR 5 or 6 -- close enuf, check
I predicted FL over BOS close and give us 11 in 20 razor thin edge there
so far this is spot on
We have to see if if we advance who WC rep is
I said Oil, we take turns dominating being dominated = pick 'em
and 'nucks completely owned our ass
will it be Oil, VAN or Stars?
remains to be seen

------------
youth for youth may be acceptable
taking on older more expensive is generally not a solution

Not saying I would trade either of those for Necas but KK is 23, Necas is 25. Not like you're trading him for a 30 year old
that is factually true
BUT
less actual age and how seniority almost always = increased salary compared to younger alternative

Necas prob is not age
it is acquisition cost and big hit on cap
we need funds for other players also

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
“Mika Zibanejad became the 10th player in Rangers history with 10 assists in potential series-clinching games along with Brian Leetch and Mark Messier”

Clearly not a #1 center.

Mika will have a Kreider like moment before the job is finished. Big test going up against Barkov. Trocheck once again going up against his former team as well we’ll need his grit in the top 6.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
yes and no on being happy
they are still paying the price for prior bad decisions
and some new ones
all of which were/are mostly avoidable
and they are fortunate to have narrowly overcome [as I said they would] a good CAR team

Unless/until my design is in place and the standard by which we judge success, which scenario is a parallel for all of us, btw, I will continue to press for fair evaluation of my comparison to alternate.
Happily they have started to wean off win now/dealing youth, but we have to be disciplined about that going forward to max our window

We did not dominate CAR, we barely got through them.
While I am happy w/the result, I would not brag.

We won last game we looked like we were gonna lose b'c inexplicably Kreider channeled his inner Messier.

------
I maintain what I said prior
We would roll over the hapless caps -- check
Would overcome CAR 5 or 6 -- close enuf, check
I predicted FL over BOS close and give us 11 in 20 razor thin edge there
so far this is spot on
We have to see if if we advance who WC rep is
I said Oil, we take turns dominating being dominated = pick 'em
and 'nucks completely owned our ass
will it be Oil, VAN or Stars?
remains to be seen

------------
youth for youth may be acceptable
taking on older more expensive is generally not a solution

that is factually true
BUT
less actual age and how seniority almost always = increased salary compared to younger alternative

Necas prob is not age
it is acquisition cost and big hit on cap
we need funds for other players also

How about they win the cup this year then they play more kids next ?

Caps gonna need that anyway . We all win 😂

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How about they win the cup this year then they play more kids next ?

Caps gonna need that anyway . We all win 😂
How about instead of settling for cup this yr, we speak the truth and admit failure to commit to/develop youth has been costly, excusing that just b'c we MIGHT be both good and lucky enuf to win this yr, was not correct play, b'c it has compromised our chances for max cup wins/max sized window

we can't expect Kreider to go superman every game when rest of the squad is falling a bit short

also, where is bread?
Looks gassed half the shifts the last 2 games

clubs' chances are best when they can win series asap = max recovery time

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
How about instead of settling for cup this yr, we speak the truth and admit failure to commit to/develop youth has been costly, excusing that just b'c we MIGHT be both good and lucky enuf to win this yr, was not correct play, b'c it has compromised our chances for max cup wins/max sized window

we can't expect Kreider to go superman every game when rest of the squad is falling a bit short

also, where is bread?
Looks gassed half the shifts the last 2 games

clubs' chances are best when they can win series asap = max recovery time
If not for Kreider scoring the hattrick we'd be talking more about Panarin.

He was everywhere in that 3rd period. Every time he was on the ice we were getting grade A chances

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
This is so dumb. It’s cool to hear but these guys are just making shit up.
Honestly this is not far off from everyday lawyer negotiations. If both sides start in the same range, it’s just a matter of making a couple moves to the middle so each side feels the other gave up something.

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad