Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I would say that the road games are probably best to have Chytil in for. The Rangers can't match lines as much and it's clear the team doesn't trust Rempe as much as the game moves along

Makes the most logical sense. If you're going to make a move, probably the game to do it (plus the home crowd won't feed on the energy). Curious what Lavi does, here.

Carolina did a similar thing. Most teams do.
Wow, yeah. I guess these guys don't bother to look at what other teams do. Carolina had 2 guys with under 7 minutes. We had 1.

I didn't even think to check on that since I assumed these people already vetted what Carolina was doing and made sure they were doing it differently than us.

Funny. My fault for assuming they'd look first.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
Extending Lindgren would mean we learned nothing from extending Girardi.

They need to move on at the end of the season and get a LD1
Not easy to get a LD1. Not in love with extending lindgren unless the price and length of the contract make sense.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
I mean, Lindgren, at this point with his body, is going to be a year-by-year decision. I don't want to do anything long term with him at all if we kept him.
Yeah I am fine with 2 year contract if you can get it on the cheap. But anything longer even on the cheap end I think would be a mistake.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
I mean, Lindgren, at this point with his body, is going to be a year-by-year decision. I don't want to do anything long term with him at all if we kept him.
I don't mind giving him a 5 year deal at most and the $$ makes sense, BUT it must be without a NTC/NMC in the contract.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This would be the time to insert Chytil. Canes going to come out like they are shot out of a cannon tomorrow in their building. Chytil could provide the boost for us.

Oh and Rempe shouldnt be playing this series.

Reactions: Hire Sather

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
This is almost certainly reactionary, but I'm coming around to the idea of resigning Shesterkin.

• Wow
Reactions: Kendo

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I mean.....well duh?

Thinking we should have not was completely silly to start with.
He's going to be super expensive and there is the question of how differentiated goalies actually are in the NHL at this point. I don't think Shesterkin is going to provide the same year to year consistency that Lundqvist had, but if he shows up in the playoffs every time it's worth it.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He's going to be super expensive and there is the question of how differentiated goalies actually are in the NHL at this point. I don't think Shesterkin is going to provide the same year to year consistency that Lundqvist had, but if he shows up in the playoffs every time it's worth it.
Interestingly over his playoff career so far Igor has performed better than Hank.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Taking Rempe out while they're crushing with him and putting in a guy so rusty you'd get tetanus looking at him is some galaxy brain shit.

KISS.
Actually the proper application of KISS would be to insert a vastly superior player (to all but barely a handful available) in place of the least talented and least used even in 2OT situation.

KISS

Reactions: noncents

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Are we up 2-0 if the goalies were switched in this series?

Taking Rempe out while they're crushing with him and putting in a guy so rusty you'd get tetanus looking at him is some galaxy brain shit.

KISS.
We're crushing and he's lucky to have a front row seat. I'd rather have a good player.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Extending Lindgren would mean we learned nothing from extending Girardi.

They need to move on at the end of the season and get a LD1
Signing Lindy for 3 years would be the good decision we made with Girardi. I don't think he'll take 3, but he's not "bought out after two seasons" worn out just yet.

I wouldn't mind a move if we get a LD1 without it hurting too bad.
I don't mind giving him a 5 year deal at most and the $$ makes sense, BUT it must be without a NTC/NMC in the contract.
A 4yr deal makes sense for both sides. He won't take 3, and I'm starting to get skittish at 5.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Signing Lindy for 3 years would be the good decision we made with Girardi. I don't think he'll take 3, but he's not "bought out after two seasons" worn out just yet.

I wouldn't mind a move if we get a LD1 without it hurting too bad.

A 4yr deal makes sense for both sides. He won't take 3, and I'm starting to get skittish at 5.
I’d wager they settle on 4, even if the cap hit is a smidge higher then most will like……
Many think he’ll get moved, or want to move him… but what’s coming in on LD??? What are you replacing him with???
Jones likely replacing Gus next season due to cost, so that 1/3 spots going to a rookie.
He played well since his 2nd call up, but he also has absolutely no playoff experience and games. 0. You hope he’ll perform well, but that’s not a given.

Miller will stay exactly where he is. With Schneider on 2nd pair for the foreseeable future.

Not if you’re not bringing in a proven vet LD that you hope plays well with Fox and is proven/battle tested, it means likely breaking in a younger kid. Cheaper with high potential, but untested just the same….
I keep Lindy and try to move Trouba.
Younger, smaller cap hit, can play well w Fox or drop to 3rd pair R or L D with jones if the younger option emerges at some point….

Cap will be tight. Chytil still a injury concern and so is replacing Roslovic whether internally at start of season or via trade/UFA…
They could make a splash next TDL as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad