Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
So lot's of PM's about Brooks saying the Rangers could trade down.

The short answer is that it's possible, but probably depends on what the board looks like. If you have a board that resembles the one from our mock draft, minus someone like Greig being available, they might prefer to trade down and pick up the second.

But I wouldn't get too upset about that possibility just yet.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
@Edge Is there a strong possibility we see a trade moving deangelo or other parts in order to get our #2 center or a LD tonight?

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
The "rumor" from different sections of the league is that a lot of teams are very nervous heading into this draft and want to see what bargain prices they might find in free agency.

Ah i see, thats probably why we havent heard any trades announced from the rangers to get the trades they want.

Thanks for the insight as always

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
The "rumor" from different sections of the league is that a lot of teams are very nervous heading into this draft and want to see what bargain prices they might find in free agency.

I’d love to see one larger deal and a couple smaller ones, but I imagine the draft is going to be very quiet tonight. Not expecting anything from the Rangers.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Would love to see us trade down from 22, going to be plenty of interesting players available in the 2nd.

Kaapo Bustfreniere

Jun 21, 2019
Numerology suggests 8 is the optimum number for the name "Lafreniere" Trouba, I'm looking at you.
When 8 is associated with a Lafreniere this is the numerology report.
You have the power and potential to achieve great things. It is both your challenge and your birthright to gain dominion over a small part of the earth. Whatever your enterprise, you strive to be the best and most successful in your field. You are highly competitive and will not rest until you are satisfied that you have bypassed the opposition. You enjoy challenges and rivalry. You are a realist and a visionary planner.”
Done!
Science suggests numerology is a pile of stinking poo

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

This makes sense, especially with guys like Deangelo, I dont think the Rangers would be trading this guy for picks, it would be for players who can help them right away as well as into the future.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
@HatTrick Swayze - From the last thread..

Could be that the team is expecting some other guys to hit the open market. Maybe a guy like Wennberg or Turris if he's bought out. Seems to be talk that some unexpected names will go without getting QO's, so the team might just want the cap space available to pick up some bargains. Maybe you can get Virtanen and Turris/Wennberg for the same price as Strome's QO / arbitration award.
Yea it’s a little strange. Either they have a trade that’s almost done or they are comfortable enough to have Howden n Chytil as their 2C

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Yea it’s a little strange. Either they have a trade that’s almost done or they are comfortable enough to have Howden n Chytil as their 2C

I think it's probably a level of confidence in the former. They might be close enough on a couple trades that they're fairly certain one will come through but that if it doesn't they'll be able to pick someone up as a free agent who is just as effective as Strome.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I wouldn't think so either, though I would do it.

(BTW; thanks for your reply on Gunler. I don't get a sense they value him at 22. If they moved down from 22, maybe)

I know they like the talent. I just know there are other guys they have ahead of him. Will those guys be on the board at 22? Not sure.

Also possible they think the overall value of Gunler plus someone else they like in the second trumps a guy who is on the board at 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad