Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I like the Krebs or Glass deal better I think.

As far as I know, we haven't had anything definitive about that one. It's more speculation based on Vegas asking about DeAngelo and us knowing the Rangers need a center and had liked both of Glass and Krebs in their draft years quite a bit. Really just an educated guess unless I missed something being posted.

The expanded deal with Tuch has been more speculation than actual affirmation that those are the names being discussed.

Reactions: Barnaby and Edge

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Can somebody get me caught up on what's happened today? Thanks in advance to whoever it is

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Edge, I assume the Sharks possible trade for Dubnyk eliminates them from the Georgiev conversation? I mean Georgiev is younger, cheaper and well, better, but do you see the Sharks still being interested in Georgiev if they trade for Dubnyk?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Can somebody get me caught up on what's happened today? Thanks in advance to whoever it is

Edge dropped some tidbits that the talks with Calgary were picking up again / progressing but that Monahan's name was coming up as a possible alternative to Lindholm. Lindholm, Monahan, and Hanafin all possibilities. Swapping picks could be an option as well.

Then we had 40 pages of infighting about whether or not Monahan is actually an upgrade on Strome. Some folks got mad because they think TDA should return more. That's basically the day in a nutshell.

Oh.. and the President went to the hospital because he has Coronavirus.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He was phenomenal in 2018. What happened to him?

He was always a good player. He just had a career year, He is the type. Next Stralman maybe. Rangers better snag him. 4 years 3.5 per year?

He is a good underrated player. I hope he is one of the dman that Gorton was taking about. He is solid.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ

In a word - nothing...

In a few more words - speculation around the Rangers/Calgary rumors. DeAngelo's name on the forefront, CGY doesn't want to trade Lindholm/would rather trade Monahan. Various iterations of opinions on Monahan shared here...seems split as to whether a trade around ADA for Monahan is a good idea.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Edge, I assume the Sharks possible trade for Dubnyk eliminates them from the Georgiev conversation? I mean Georgiev is younger, cheaper and well, better, but do you see the Sharks still being interested in Georgiev if they trade for Dubnyk?

Doubtful.

It could be a matter of cost for them at this point if they go the Dubnyk route.

They're in a weird place in the sense that I know they're having their own "dreaded middle" conversations like the Rangers were in 2017. As such, I think there's the risk that they haven't quite decided if they're going with a re-tool or a full-on rebuild.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The other thread got locked, but I found a chart that refutes what @EdJovanovski posted.

upload_2020-10-2_22-37-12.png

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Edge dropped some tidbits that the talks with Calgary were picking up again / progressing but that Monahan's name was coming up as a possible alternative to Lindholm. Lindholm, Monahan, and Hanafin all possibilities. Swapping picks could be an option as well.

Then we had 40 pages of infighting about whether or not Monahan is actually an upgrade on Strome. Some folks got mad because they think TDA should return more. That's basically the day in a nutshell.

Oh.. and the President went to the hospital because he has Coronavirus.
Thank you. With the way the day started in the other thread there was no way I was reading all of it. Monahan is a def upgrade to strome but he has defensive deficiencies like strome as well. He also has scored a ton of goals just getting loose in the slot setting for OTers setup by his linemates. With no direct knowledge my gut would tell me that this means NYR was pressing for Lindholm and Calgary's trying to offer monahan up as an alternative. he just lacks the complete game that makes lindholm so attractive as the 2c on this team as it is built.

Reactions: Off Sides

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Thank you. With the way the day started in the other thread there was no way I was reading all of it. Monahan is a def upgrade to strome but he has defensive deficiencies like strome as well. He also has scored a ton of goals just getting loose in the slot setting for OTers setup by his linemates. With no direct knowledge my gut would tell me that this means NYR was pressing for Lindholm and Calgary's trying to offer monahan up as an alternative. he just lacks the complete game that makes lindholm so attractive as the 2c on this team as it is built.

Sure thing.

Yeah that's the way most of us feel. Monahan is far from perfect but he's a good fit with what we have while also being the right age and signed at a reasonable rate for 3 more years. Pretty much everyone here would rather have Lindholm from what I could tell but if he's not on the table then there isn't much to do. The market for centers seems pretty sparse in general.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
How about Kyle Clifford. I can see the Ranger signing him to improve the bottom lines.

3.5 4 years???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad