Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part III: Day by Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Holden and a 2nd is the new default rip off offer that we're trying to convince other teams is a good deal for their second liners?

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Sign Da Costa, Tkachyov and a depth forward or two and call it a summer. If C is still weak after 20-40 games start looking for a trade to fix it, could be just a rental.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Are we sure there is no theme to these thread titles? :help:

Where are all the trades folks. We need trades. Summer is boring.

I remember some here telling me that they wanted the Finals to end because the off-season is far more exciting.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Here's a guy I'd look at if he was available:
Kerby Ruchel
22 years old
Has a bit of NHL experience but not much
Plays with an edge and has some offensive ability

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I remember some here telling me that they wanted the Finals to end because the off-season is far more exciting.

I remember a few of our own posters wanting our own Rangers season to end so they could play GM. :(

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Still a few interesting names out there [not saying for NYR, but in general].

Franson
Jagr
Vanek
Hudler
PAP

Wonder if K. Hayes convinces management to give J. Hayes a tryout. Kind of wish I could go back to last season and watch J. Hayes's game. How the hell did he only shoot 2.74% last year 5v5?

hayesji89

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Franson
Jagr
Vanek
Hudler
PAP

Wonder if K. Hayes convinces management to give J. Hayes a tryout. Kind of wish I could go back to last season and watch J. Hayes's game. How the hell did he only shoot 2.74% last year 5v5?

hayesji89

It's kind of impressive how bad he was.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Franson
Jagr
Vanek
Hudler
PAP

hayesji89

I wouldn't touch any of those guys.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Franson
Jagr
Vanek
Hudler
PAP

hayesji89

I believe that Franson has a camp invite from Chicago. Someone reported that here a few days ago.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Jagr and Vanek interest me.

Jimmy Hayes would be a last resort camp invite. I really do like his game, a little nasty with an edge. Has more of a pulse than his brother. Problem is he is slow like his brother. If we are going to get someone not as quick than id rather it be Jagr

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I want Bozak and Winnik, somehow. I'd say Staal retained but I doubt that happens even if he agrees to it. Holden + maybe. Maybe. Still doubt it. Winnik we could grab, I'd think. And then call-ups.

I'd be much happier heading into the season with a vet C, even if he's better as a 2 or 3 as Leafs fans say. Zib, Bozak, Hayes... Something we can work with and injuries wouldn't kill us. Unless it was to 2 of those 3. Or all 3. Lol. =/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Winnik makes sense. It's a concern that the team is neglecting its PK again like it did in 15/16. I'd rather try and get a guy like Filpulla than a guy like Bozak for that reason if Rangers are looking at expiring contract centers.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Seems like a lot of guys are hoping Tkachyov impresses in training camp. Did I miss something about him getting an invite to it? Last I read he wasn't going to the prospect development camp but I don't remember seeing anything about training camp.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
August 15th is still a little while away, NCAA Free agents that can be sign. Options are pretty good this year... Kerfoot, Butcher, few others I am missing

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
August 15th is still a little while away, NCAA Free agents that can be sign. Options are pretty good this year... Kerfoot, Butcher, few others I am missing

My predictions are:

Kerfoot to Vancouver. Has ties to the region and has already been linked to them
Butcher to New Jersey. It's a hunch, but they could use a good young D-man. We have a pretty deep D-core at the moment

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
My predictions are:

Kerfoot to Vancouver. Has ties to the region and has already been linked to them
Butcher to New Jersey. It's a hunch, but they could use a good young D-man. We have a pretty deep D-core at the moment

I think Kerfoot definitely ends up in Vancouver.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I expect a tanner glass re-signing late league min. Zero doubt in my mind

I'd love to get bozak for Holden and a 2nd surprised Toronto wouldn't want that deal themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad