Speculation: Roster Building/Rumor Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Food for thought: Perhaps this trade is an indication of how teams feel about this year's draft. If you think the quality isn't as high this year + you had less chances to scout properly, the pick becomes a bigger question mark -- making them less valuable - at least to some GMs.
. Perhaps. I mean the 2017 draft was very weak that’s why Arizona had no problem giving up the 7th overall pick. But it’s not even the pick it’s the fact that Buffalo wants at least two of our top young players and prospects on top of the pick. It seems like they want one of Kakko/Laf, Nils/Schneider, Strome/Chytil, plus the 15th pick which is hilarious

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
The twist will be that Risto will probably be better away from Buffalo.

It's a good deal for the Sabres though. Makes the Strome, Georgiev, 1st and 4th package for Eichel feel better. ;-)

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
If he wanted a RHD Fletcher could have called TB and acquired the rights to David Savard for a lot less than he paid Buffalo for Ristolainen. Savard can actually defend.

Reactions: LaffyTaffyNYR

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Instead of worrying about how this drives the price up for Eichel, Drury should see what he can get for Strome and Buchnevich. Also, why not target Dvorak from Arizona?

i think Buch is the big one. I don’t think anybody cares about Strome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad