Speculation: Roster Building Frenzy Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Ziba was even a bit of a banger when he was a kid but after the latest concussion issues he is basically a no-factor physically, besides with the puck or in puck battles.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Sayba

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Better question is no Georgiev? :eek:

Kreider, DeAngelo and Trouba all in the same place. Have to wonder how that went.
Kreider being involved turned out to be a false rumor. Trouba broke it up but I don't think that really means Trouba had a problem with either party.

It's certainly interesting that DeAngelo gets invited to these events though and Georgiev isn't.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Question...to be honest, I haven't followed a guy like Christian Dvorak very closely. As I'm reading more about him, it seems like he could be traded for reasonably (compared to Eichel) and he could be a solid young 2nd line center who's good on faceoffs. Cost controlled with his contract. I also wonder if he has room to improve.

What's the general consensus on him? Worth it if we end up passing on Eichel?
People who make judgements based on analytics, don't like him based off of last season.... Where he played with bottom6 wingers on a bad team.

IMO He's a good player and makes a lot of sense for us. He's a strong middle6 center with untapped potential if he centers a player like Panarin.

Reactions: Block More Shots

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Question...to be honest, I haven't followed a guy like Christian Dvorak very closely. As I'm reading more about him, it seems like he could be traded for reasonably (compared to Eichel) and he could be a solid young 2nd line center who's good on faceoffs. Cost controlled with his contract. I also wonder if he has room to improve.

What's the general consensus on him? Worth it if we end up passing on Eichel?

Of course he's going to come at a reasonable cost compared to Eichel. They are not in the same stratosphere as players.

He's a good player, who will be a solid mid-line center for any team. That being said, I don't understand the fascination with him and think we'd be better off giving Chytil a shot to take hold of the 2C and waiting to see if the price comes down on Eichel or someone else of higher quality comes available.

Reactions: Block More Shots

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think a lot of 'toughness' is mindset.

We've had horrendous leadership for quite some time. I hope the guys brought in and the new coaching staff creates that winning culture and attitude. It becomes contagious and spreads

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I think that's nothing more than a myth that Stat people love to use in any skill vs grit debate..Stop it
I mean theres literally a video of mika using his physical strength to strip dillon of the puck and score a goal. That is the opposite of a soft play, and yet people are saying he's soft almost immediately before and after. Mika doesn't throw huge hits, nor does kakko, but neither are soft. Both go to the tough areas, but can skate away with the puck when pinned. Thats what you want from your high end players = possession in a tight checking game(which is exactly what the playoffs are).

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
The discussion in this thread where the goalposts are moved every time says otherwise.

This team had no heartbeat. Now it does, so I guess I'm not understanding the reason for debate in the first place.
You aren't going to win without either component so what's the point?

Reactions: leetch99

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This team had no heartbeat. Now it does, so I guess I'm not understanding the reason for debate in the first place.
You aren't going to win without either component so what's the point?

You are missing the point. This isn't about what the team needs. That has been discussed to death. It's about comments like this one:

That was strength in action not toughness.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I mean theres literally a video of mika using his physical strength to strip dillon of the puck and score a goal. That is the opposite of a soft play, and yet people are saying he's soft almost immediately before and after. Mika doesn't throw huge hits, nor does kakko, but neither are soft. Both go to the tough areas, but can skate away with the puck when pinned. Thats what you want from your high end players = possession in a tight checking game(which is exactly what the playoffs are).

Too Zbad's credit, he was smart enough to recognize that Dillon had to make a rushed decision and stayed with it but I'd hardly call it a tough/physical play.
Zbad..In a league that is designed by controlled aggression?
Is soft AF IMO and that's likely due to getting his bell wrong a few times.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
It is so pathetic how this fanbase becomes obsessed with morons. Avery is the gift that continues to somehow give and now TDA. Seriously, we are speculating on his invitation to a wedding? Skjei and TDA have probably been crossing paths forever, being close in age and both being American-born defensemen. I'm sure they've known each other for quite some time and it's not surprising he would be invited to the wedding (notice the guests were also mainly other American-born Rangers, Hayes, Kreider, Lindgren, Shatty, etc.)

TDA is a punk who has been cut from numerous organizations, and while it seems some people can't get it through their thick skulls, it's not because of his political beliefs. It's because he is a moron who prioritizes himself and his pathetic ego over that of the team. He is constantly confrontational, whether in the locker room or on Twitter, and is constantly creating drama, while occasionally really crossing the line. If the guy could learn to act even semi-professionally, he'd probably be in line for an 8 mil+ long-term contract at some point this year. Instead, he's such an egomaniacal asshole that he's being paid bargain bin prices and is very likely on his last chance.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You are missing the point. This isn't about what the team needs. That has been discussed to death. It's about comments like this one:

OK well I haven't read what led up to that post so maybe I spoke out of context.
What my post is to referring too is all I ever read (your post/comment included) when comparing players, team construction, style of play.
Teams need balance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad