Confirmed with Link: ROR traded to STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 6, 2012
Well, honestly, the Bluesiest thing to happen would be if we finish 10th, pick a guy who never becomes a difference maker and then come in last next year and give our first overall to Buffalo. (And that guy is some sort of generational talent.)

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Hey fellas, I recall reading independently, on this forum, and on the main boards that Doug had been looking to dump Berglund's contract and later Sobotka's for a while before this trade happened. But I don't remember where that information came from. Do any of y'all? I'd bet a lot of money that that was a thing, and I've mentioned it in discussions and would like to back up my claims, or stop making them if I'm misremembering.

Cheers, and enjoy that glorious center you've got there. Hope you guys can fix your team.

Reactions: Doohickie

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Hey fellas, I recall reading independently, on this forum, and on the main boards that Doug had been looking to dump Berglund's contract and later Sobotka's for a while before this trade happened. But I don't remember where that information came from. Do any of y'all? I'd bet a lot of money that that was a thing, and I've mentioned it in discussions and would like to back up my claims, or stop making them if I'm misremembering.

Cheers, and enjoy that glorious center you've got there. Hope you guys can fix your team.

It was widely rumored that both players were shopped at the deadline, but there were no takers. Those who follow the team knew that they were gone in the offseason, but many of us feared they would be viewed as negative value assets and would cost assets to move. Maybe that was a little extreme, but I don’t think anyone expected anything of value for either guy.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
I know I'm not supposed to say anything about Tage Thompson. But, last night against the Lightning the kid was on fire. Great two way game and willing to mix it up with the Bolts. Scored a goal. The kid is well on his way to being an upper tier NHL'er.

Please Army, no more trading Bill's finds from the Buffalo Blues farm club.

Last edited:

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I know I'm not supposed to say anything about Tage Thompson. But, last night against the Lightning the kid was on fire. Great two way game and willing to mix it up with the Bolts. Scored a goal. The kid is well on his way to being an upper tier NHL'er.

Please Army, no more trading Doug's finds from the Buffalo Blues farm club.
Slight revision, but I think you mean, "no more trading Bill's finds".

Reactions: STL BLUES

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Please Army, no more trading Bill's finds from the Buffalo Blues farm club.
He played those games for Stl.....then went MIA. He's a right handed Sanford.

I'll take Orielly over Thompson 100/100 times

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

What's the thinking over here that Blues may have violated the contract terms trading him? Apparently he had a list of teams to present to Blues but his agent didn't send it or delayed and he was traded anyway.
Does that seem plausible?
Obviously, Buffalo would love to ship him to Blues and be offered some compensation.
The whole thing sounds crazy and there is no record of Berglund ever behaving like this.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What's the thinking over here that Blues may have violated the contract terms trading him? Apparently he had a list of teams to present to Blues but his agent didn't send it or delayed and he was traded anyway.
Obviously, Buffalo would love to ship him to Blues and be offered some compensation.
The whole thing sounds crazy and there is no record of Berglund ever behaving like this.

He didn't have it in on time, so that's on Berglund. Blues didn't violate the contract, Berglund had a set time he needed the list in by. He could've submitted it in advance if he was worried about being moved. We tried to move him at the deadline, so he should've been aware.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If the Blues screwed the pooch, it would have come out right after the trade. You guys are stuck with him

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If the Blues screwed the pooch, it would have come out right after the trade. You guys are stuck with him

Right. If Berglund had the list in on time, he would've filed an grievance immediately to prevent the trade. It's simply down to Berglund not doing his part, and Army taking advantage of it.

We don't even know if Berglund would've blocked a trade to Buffalo.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
What's crazy is look at the teams.... why the hell would he hate being in Buffalo....they are winning and Stl is a dumpster fire. If I were him I'd view it as a thank god I avoided that....

Reactions: sabremike

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Why is this not an issue until 5 months later? Makes no sense to me.

The NHL authorized the trade, so they apparently didn't have a problem with going forward without Berglund's list. I don't really see how the Blues would be at fault with regard to contract terms. We don't have the contract, but I bet it says HE has to provide the list.

I think its an interesting plot twist, but I don't for a moment believe this is the main issue.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I always kept Berglund a weirdo who doesn't have 'clean flour in a bag'.

"Clean flour in a bag". I have no idea what that means but it is hilarious. Lol! Bergie was nothing short of professional when he was here. I would be all for a Maroon swap, the money would not work though. At least we might win a few battles along the boards.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
What's crazy is look at the teams.... why the hell would he hate being in Buffalo....they are winning and Stl is a dumpster fire. If I were him I'd view it as a thank god I avoided that....

All interesting takes. Thanks. There has to be more to this story. None of it makes sense. He's playing on winning team, albeit in a minor role. He generally has a good reputation even if his skills have diminished.
More info will come out.

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
"Clean flour in a bag". I have no idea what that means but it is hilarious. Lol! Bergie was nothing short of professional when he was here. I would be all for a Maroon swap, the money would not work though. At least we might win a few battles along the boards.

"Clean flour in a bag" is a straight translation from a Finnish saying "Puhtaat jauhot p***yssa" (edit: Funny that the site would block a word that ends with an i instead of y and refers to.. a kitten :sarcasm: ) which would translate into something like "Without ill intentions" or that ilk. Basically what he is referring to is that Berglund doesn't seem like a straight shooter.

Last edited:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

You want compensation?

For what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad