Post-Game Talk: Rookie Tournament 2015

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
That group of forwards is pretty exciting... and can one assume Wikstrand is playing in NA this year then?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Defense is sketchy. Three invites and Rutkowski who still hasnt cemented himself in the AHL. I havent seen other team rosters though. Might be an average defense relative to the competition.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Defense is sketchy. Three invites and Rutkowski who still hasnt cemented himself in the AHL. I havent seen other team rosters though. Might be an average defense relative to the competition.

Well, Harpur, Wikstrand, and Chabot isn't too bad. Rutkowski probably isn't to shabby at that level of competition either. But you are right that it's certainly the weak spot in the lineup. If Chabot was a little further along in his development, maybe not, but as a first year at the camp, I don't expect him to blow us away even as a 1st rounder.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm going down for the Pens game on Sat, here is a possible lineup:

Dzingel - Paul - Lindberg - this line was excellent at the development camp
Puempel - Chlapik - Perron - potential good second line
McCormick - Zay - Gagne - don't know what to expect from these three
Guptil - Dunn - Robinson ...Wideman/Ewanyk - or these guys

Wikstrand - Rutkowski
Chabot - Rumble - good last name for a defence (are you ready to rrrumbleeeeeee)
Harpur - Crawford/Carlisle (no idea how good/bad Carlisle, Crawford & Rumble are)

O'Connor - Dreidger - should be interesting how Dreidger handles this challenge.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I'm thinking I might grab tickets for the Sunday game.

Potentially have plans on the Saturday evening, but do have something early that morning and so the Friday night game is out as a result.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Forwards look good. Defence is garbage aside from Chabot, Wikstrand, and Harpur.

Will this be streamed on the Sens website?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Forwards look good. Defence is garbage aside from Chabot, Wikstrand, and Harpur.

Will this be streamed on the Sens website?

I'd guess at the very least, the London Rogers cable station would be doing the Leafs and Montreal games -- so those two games could be rebroadcast in the Ottawa area. Generally I think the local cable channel has made a point of having the games on.

Othello*

Wikstrand - Rutkowski
Chabot - Carisle
Harpur - Crawford

Defence looks good to me.

blair7

Aug 4, 2010
Lol my thoughts exactly..

All 3 of those guys have nhl potential. Nothing wrong with that group.

Have we ever sent a really sexy d Corp to this tourney?

2011 was solid

Boro
Cowen
Weircioch
Gryba
Rundblad
Fransoo
Godfrey

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
05 Meszaros, Eaves
06 [Cancelled]
07 Foligno, Elliott
08 Smith
09 Karlsson
10 Condra, Cowen, Stone, Wiercioch, Lehner, Hoffman, Gryba
11 Zibanejad, Borowiecki
12 [Cancelled?]
13 Ceci, Stone, Hammond, Lazar, Pageau
14 TBD

Only first time participating was included.
Number of rookie tourny participants over the last decade that made the bigs averaging about 2 per year or, if you go based on Murray's draft era, closer to 3 per year.

Also some short career players making the NHL like Lee and Regin indicates we'll probably have 2-3 average to star calibre and several smaller career (~200 games) guys.

My 3 rookies to make it from from the 2014: Hammond, Claesson, Prince
2015: Puempel, Chabot, Wikstrand

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Chris Carlisle +40 in the O last year. Finally we replace preissing

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Potentially have plans on the Saturday evening, but do have something early that morning and so the Friday night game is out as a result.

And then I have plans after the Sunday game, more plans Monday, Tuesday's looking a little busy, not sure about Wednesday..................

Geez we didn't ask about your personal life... ha-ha :laugh::laugh::laugh:

HOCKEY'S ALMOST BACK! Woo-Hoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad