Rookie hitters

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Actually...Malkin is as good a pick as any. Anyone remember his 'penalty' in the Olympics, which was clearly not a penalty? He got 2 minutes for hitting a guy too hard, pretty much.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Doug Murray from San Jose will if he gets a regular shift with the team. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but if he had played a full season last year, he would've had a ridiculous number of hits (I think it would've been easily enough to crack the top 10, and possibly enough to take 1st)

Transported Upstater

Doug Murray from San Jose will if he gets a regular shift with the team. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but if he had played a full season last year, he would've had a ridiculous number of hits (I think it would've been easily enough to crack the top 10, and possibly enough to take 1st)

Uber-Tap is a great pick.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
He won't make the Hawks out of camp, but Big Byfuglien can hit.

He wouldn't lead in number of hits because quite frankly I don't think he throws his weight around near enough, but when he does, Byfuglien can crunch bones like they were pretzels.

Ask Dallas Drake.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City

I'll put in a vote for Luc Bourdon. With Vigneualt's stand em up at the blueline technique Luc will be given the green light.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
If Colaiacovo still counts as a rookie (which he very well might), then he's a good pick. He was a wrecking ball untill he got hurt, and he should be playing top-4 minutes this season.

He played 21 games last year (25 total in his career), so I'm not sure if he's still eligable.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
If Colaiacovo still counts as a rookie (which he very well might), then he's a good pick. He was a wrecking ball untill he got hurt, and he should be playing top-4 minutes this season.

He played 21 games last year (25 total in his career), so I'm not sure if he's still eligable.

How's he recovered from that injury last season, and do you think it might effect his game this year?

TopProspect91

Registered Abuser
Sep 11, 2004
Toronto
How's he recovered from that injury last season, and do you think it might effect his game this year?

Coliacovo has been working extra hard this off-season to get back into shape after being declared "100% healthy". But the man got a huge concussion that will probably leave lingering effects on him from time to time. I still see him hitting, but only at crucial times when one is needed. Otherwise, I think he's gonna stay away from that a bit.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site

From the best I can tell from the link Legionnaire posted, Colaiacovo should still be eligible this year.

He played 21 games last year (25 is the cutoff) and the previous year he played 2 games (6 games each in consecutive seasons is the cutoff).

So if he had played four more games last year he wouldn't be eligible. Or if he had played four more games the year before he wouldn't be eligible.

But the weird part is that even if he had played three more games last year plus three more games the year before he would still be eligible.

He's been given a 100% clean bill of health. Whether he lets it effect his game is up to him. I don't think he will and it would be in his best interests not to. There's nothing worse then a hockey player playing like he's afraid to get hurt.

Here's a short youtube thing of some of Carlo's biggest hits last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0J_fM_fhqE

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
He's been given a 100% clean bill of health. Whether he lets it effect his game is up to him. I don't think he will and it would be in his best interests not to. There's nothing worse then a hockey player playing like he's afraid to get hurt.

That's the thing I'm kind of worried about. That was a pretty tramatic injury, though, he probably doesn't remember too much of it.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
He won't make the Hawks out of camp, but Big Byfuglien can hit.

He wouldn't lead in number of hits because quite frankly I don't think he throws his weight around near enough, but when he does, Byfuglien can crunch bones like they were pretzels.

Ask Dallas Drake.

Do you have a video of the Drake hit. i have heard about it so much but have never seen it.

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
From the best I can tell from the link Legionnaire posted, Colaiacovo should still be eligible this year.

He played 21 games last year (25 is the cutoff) and the previous year he played 2 games (6 games each in consecutive seasons is the cutoff).

So if he had played four more games last year he wouldn't be eligible. Or if he had played four more games the year before he wouldn't be eligible.

But the weird part is that even if he had played three more games last year plus three more games the year before he would still be eligible.

Here's a short youtube thing of some of Carlo's biggest hits last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0J_fM_fhqE

that hit on comrie is a beauty!!!! i dont think this is the kind of guy that plays scared.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad