Player Discussion Ronning, Richards, Wall, Elmer non-tendered

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
You know what is the most incredible part of this, there was some buffoons on here penciling in Richards as our 4th line center last offseason. Banana land stuff. Now the guy is non-tendered.
I will admit, two seasons ago he looked good in Hartford and even got that look at the end of the year. I wouldn't have penciled him into anything, but I did think he had a future.

What we learned, though, was that the shortened, watered-down (talent-wise) AHL season meant absolutely nothing.

Reactions: RGY

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
You know what is the most incredible part of this, there was some buffoons on here penciling in Richards as our 4th line center last offseason. Banana land stuff. Now the guy is non-tendered.
i, for one, think it was the one hasty unnecessary cut,
yeah he had a crappy season last season
but they lured him to leave college early
and he was decent the first year, enough so to give him an NHL game
with this season's deeper, more talented Pack team,
he could have been an asset as bottom 6 C/PK guy -
of the guys NYR cut loose, he is maybe most likely to get the best NHL contract among them

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Wall getting dropped is a bit surprising. Wasn’t there a decent bit of hype surrounding him as recently as before last season? I remember there was worry he’d walk after graduating uni. Anyhow I hope they all find successful paths.

Reactions: gabevh3 and LokiDog

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'd say that's a pretty accurate product description. And player description too.

Phew about Hajek, though. He's gonna be a late-bloomer.
He was the real deal for all of 4 games before damaging his shoulder, I believe, and inexplicably never returned to form.

We need to deal Lindgren so his 3m can be repurposed.
Break Robertson in, and Hajek = cheap experience familiar w/system stopgap.

Am surprised a bit on Wall.
Guessing this is us squeezing every nickel more than his ability.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...We need to deal Lindgren so his 3m can be repurposed.
i don't disagree with you as often as some,
but this idea - that Lindgren's salary is not very well-spent and worth-it - makes no sense at all to me.
Teams spend years seeking guys who can be the lynch-pin of their defensive D
Ejecting Lindgren, for Cap recovery, would seem, to me, the epitome of throwing out the baby with the bathwater

Reactions: NCRanger

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
He was the real deal for all of 4 games before damaging his shoulder, I believe, and inexplicably never returned to form.

We need to deal Lindgren so his 3m can be repurposed.
Break Robertson in, and Hajek = cheap experience familiar w/system stopgap.

Am surprised a bit on Wall.
Guessing this is us squeezing every nickel more than his ability.
What

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

... Not sure why they gave Reuschhoff an offer.
Rueschhoff earned it, especially when he came up big, while the taxi squad was in place, and Pack were without much of top 6

From my experience, almost every player, who is not an Elmer-level bust, gets a 2nd contract

can't wait for the Rueschhoff-Edstrom-Rempe "solar eclipse line"

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

Rueschhoff earned it, especially when he came up big, while the taxi squad was in place, and Pack were without much of top 6

From my experience, almost every player, who is not an Elmer-level bust, gets a 2nd contract

can't wait for the Rueschhoff-Edstrom-Rempe "solar eclipse line"
Edstrom and Rempe look intriguing as 12th/13th forward in NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad