Injury Report: Ronald Acuna Jr carted off with right leg injury (torn ACL)

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
that's just awful

hopefully he can make a complete recovery and keep playing at the level he has been

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Makes me sick to my stomach. He might not come back a 40-40 threat after this which is a shame because he was such a special talent. Look what this injury did to Chipper Jones. The speed never came back. This ruined my week.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Right before the all-star game too. Just a few innings away from being able to take a break. Absolutely brutal

The one plus side is ACL injuries are so common, most guys come back basically fine. I'm sure Acuna will still be a monster, especially him being so young. Makes recovery easier

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I hate it so much for Acuna but at least it's clear for AA to sell sell, but knowing him we'll sign Nick Markakis and trade for a bunch of bum relievers, miss the postseason and let Freddie walk this offseason for nothing.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I hate it so much for Acuna but at least it's clear for AA to sell sell, but knowing him we'll sign Nick Markakis and trade for a bunch of bum relievers, miss the postseason and let Freddie walk this offseason for nothing.

Nah even AA can recognize when the towel needs to be thrown in.

The Braves were already in tough to try and catch the Mets with Acuna. With him, one of the few good consistent bats you had gone you just accept this season is a wash and start shipping guys out.

With how good Morton has been in the leadup to the break you could probably get a good haul for him.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Nah even AA can recognize when the towel needs to be thrown in.

The Braves were already in tough to try and catch the Mets with Acuna. With him, one of the few good consistent bats you had gone you just accept this season is a wash and start shipping guys out.

With how good Morton has been in the leadup to the break you could probably get a good haul for him.
I mean we are only 4 back of the Mets in the most mediocre division in baseball, any sort of injury to de Grom, short or long term and knowing the Mets ability to choke, that's nothing. But certainly a tall task for the Braves without Acuna for sure.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
That sucks. I may be a Cardinals fan, but I love how Acuna plays. I hope he comes back stronger and better; he was so much fun to watch this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad