OT: Romanuk vs Millen

Who is worse at their respective job?

• Total voters

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
My personal preference would be Ralph and Bowen calling all leaf games, their homer announcers but I like that. I do like the TSN broadcast over sportsnet broadcast, Ferraro does a great job in my opinion.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Who would listen to a "Talk Show" with these two?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Neither. Both have 4 letter names and we all know you have to have a 3 letter name to be any good in Canadian hockey.

Joe B.
Bob C.
Don C.
Ron M.
Bob M.
Ray F.

Did I forget anyone?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Who would listen to a "Talk Show" with these two?

Deaf people perhaps. :naughty:

As long as they weren't on TV, because than they could probably read lips and it would still be bad.

Surprising that this duo is used as extensively as they are very below average. IMO

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I don't think either of them are particularly bad.

I just don't think Romanuk has a very soothing / nice voice to listen to when calling games. We've been spoiled in this market with some great commentators - from Bowen to Bob Cole. Chris Cuthbert to Gord Miller. Romanuk doesn't really stack up to those guys.

I do appreciate the conversations he and Millen have about player performances between plays and such - it feels more natural and organic than throwing contrived graphic after graphic up, which is something that HNIC is guilty of

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Romanuk's voice sucks, and Millen's analysis is non-existent.

I guess it's a tie.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
I think Millen annoys me more. He speaks so authoritatively while saying absolutely nothing, he frequently gets plays wrong while a slow motion replay is on the screen (e.g. "That puck went right through!" while the replay clearly shows a deflection) and he calls every single goalie ever a battler - it's like the only "analysis" he knows how to give.

Romanuk is terrible too though. He frequently gets names wrong, frequently seems completely unenthused by scoring chances and always has the most bizarre, awkward questions for Millen. I don't hate his voice as much as others, it's just the things that come out of his mouth.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
tough one. they're both so completely awful.

I'll say Millen is even worse though because he's materially incompetent at his job -- constantly getting things wrong on the play etc. He also unnecessarily adds "in my opinion" to statements of opinion...ugh.

WWB

Jun 30, 2010
Ontario
I voted Romabunk...I mean Romanuk. I do feel like I should have voted tie because these two are equally terrible at there jobs and as a pair it's hard to even listen to the game with the sound on. Why Rogers can't see this I have no idea.

Rogers is so bad at everything though (I could write for days complaining about them) that Romabad and Millbad are just par for the course for them.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Wow.

Lots of broadcast professionals in this thread.

When is your interview?

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Romanuk just says such unnecessary things all game long. He needs to call the game as it is and he would be much better.

"Serpentine" "Knifing" etc just too much. It's not adding anything and just annoying the viewers in my opinion.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Wow.

Lots of broadcast professionals in this thread.

When is your interview?
Yeah no one is allowed ever to criticize anyone unless they're a professional too at whatever it is they're criticizing. Yup. MMMHMMMMMMMMMMM

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Romanuk and what is that saying, AINEC.

Not a Hughson fan and I'd take him over Romanuk every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad