OT: Rolling Stones, CCR, Willie Nelson or Johnny Cash?

What is your favorite?

• Total voters

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
The old man and I were shooting some 8 ball tonight and we were discussing his favourite bands. Myself, I would choose Johnny Cash and CCR over the other two but I have met Willie Nelson and he was pretty cool. Give us a vote.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Johnny Cash always reminds me of my grandpa, he used to love country music of that era. Ive always liked CCR, trying to remember which of the Stones songs I like the most outside of pain it black. I also met Willie and he was a very down to Earth guy in spite of his fame.

Reactions: Rodd from Leduc

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Johnny Cash always reminds me of my grandpa, he used to love country music of that era. Ive always liked CCR, trying to remember which of the Stones songs I like the most outside of pain it black. I also met Willie and he was a very down to Earth guy in spite of his fame.
Where did you meet Willie? I met him in Grande Prairie.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

At Folsom Prison is the perfect live album. Cohesive set, Cash’s raw personality shining through and the idiosyncrasies of the recording in the prison setting add to the sum being greater than the whole.

Edit: On the topic of Cash’s cover of ‘Hurt’, The Downward Spiral is one of my favourite rock albums.

Last edited:

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
CD21A806-71FA-4549-8CCA-15429D630215.jpeg

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Yes, born and raised.

Nope, even with his platform shoes he would be a runt next to me. Yes he wears boots to make him look taller.....
Have you ever met BJ Penn? He is a Maui local also I believe. I actually named my son after him.

Speaking of short famous people, when I met Joe Rogan he is like 5'5" maybe. I was shocked. Very wide tho.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Had to go CCR. Not the most complex music, but a lot of good, catchy tunes. “Fortunate Son” and “Travelling Band” being my fave.

Stones would be the most talented of the bunch by a fair margin.

JC is the best lyricist/story teller of the bunch.

Willie scores points for Whiskey River.....

“Whiskey River take my mind,
Don’t let her memory torture me,
Whiskey River don’t run dry,
You’re all I got, take care of me.”

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
3 different types of music.

Cash and Willie should be in a category with say Waylon, Merle, Kris K and Garth Brooks and Dolly.

Stones is a category with the who. Beatles, kinks. Zeppelin

With CCR with Skynard. Allman brothers and the band.

Just my observation on the subject

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Stones
CCR
Cash
Nelson

CCR and Cash are really just bands I listen to while camping with my parents. Stones at least if they are on the radio I will listen to.

Willie Nelson, I just don't know where I ever listen to him.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Used to respect Cash a lot more until finding out one of his first big hits was straight up stolen and he did not give credit to the original artist till he got sued and lost.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
CCR for me.

Cash and Nelson in the next group.

Never understood how the Stones were so popular.

I also want to know the last time Bryanbryoil had lunch with Steven Tyler.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
The Stones would be last on my list, and the other three would pretty much be even.

Dream round of golf would be toking up with Willie and listening to his stories as we walked the fairways.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
CCR is what would end up playing most for me. Probably the only ones there that i'd add to most of my playlists.

I'm not much into live rock concerts but I imagine the stones would be a great one.

CCR
Stones
Cash - Ring of fire and Hurt is all I really know to be honest.
Willie Nelson - I'm sure he has some songs I like but nothing comes to the top of my head so him last I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad