Rollcall: There is nothing better than beating the Vancouver Canucks.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Signed. Let's put it this way, I would cheer for some very questionable characters if it meant beating the Canucks. Does that make me a bad person?

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Agreed but only on these boards.

To me beating the Ducks the Dirt Dogs and the Can'tnucks are all about the same level of awesomesauce for me.

bloggerfanthe*

Flames fan here. I loved at the end of the game the fans were chanting hey hey goodbye. Well done beating the Canucks last night.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Agreed but only on these boards.

To me beating the Ducks the Dirt Dogs and the Can'tnucks are all about the same level of awesomesauce for me.

Seconded.

St. Louis and the resulting "we don't have a finisher" excuse.

This, especially to keep them humble. After finally losing to them, I remember why we disliked them in the first place :laugh: Stewart strutting, their fans prancing, etc.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
As a Canadian, I think the only team I like to see them beat more is the Leafs, but as for inside the conference, definitely Vancouver. That team's fanbase carries on like they are the Detroit Red Wings. One run to the finals and they think they are Canada's greatest hope or something. Not to mention the fact they have to destroy their village everytime the team gets past the second round.

Ron*

Most arrogant and pretentious visiting fans I've ever encountered at Staples

To be fair, these guys have been greatly humbled the last few times they have been at Staples. The arrogance seems to be gone, replaced by fear and the feeling that they will inevitably lose the game.

Same thing last night. Canucks fan was very quiet, even after leading after two periods of play. Their chants of "Luuuu" were mostly tepid, especially when he got blistered in the third period.

Canucks fan was very quiet again last night.

For me, the Canucks are no longer the team I want to beat the most. The Coyotes have taken their place, by the sheer number of crybabies on that team.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
There are so many things better than beating the Nucks. Beating the Devils in game 6 comes to mind. I used to think beating Vancouver was the best. Now i just feel sad for them

Haik

Feb 11, 2005
Beating Vancouver is always fun but I have no hate for the team anymore. I'd rather see them do well over the cryotes and sharks.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Have hated the Canucks since the early 90s, just full of players you want to see get punched in the face, like Odjick, Courtnall, Momesso, Murzyn, Brashear, Cooke, Ruutu, Burrows, Lapierre, Sestito, among countless other dumbasses who have donned Canucks colors.

It brings great joy to see the tears shed and the whining and bickering from a majority of their fanbase any time a team beats them.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Seconded.

This, especially to keep them humble. After finally losing to them, I remember why we disliked them in the first place :laugh: Stewart strutting, their fans prancing, etc.

Stewart is such a smug *******. I remember him telling the crowd to be quiet in LA. How'd that turn out for him?

Most arrogant and pretentious visiting fans I've ever encountered at Staples

Yup, along with their "Hockey Is Canada's Game!!!" signs.

HolyShot*

Its a tossup between van and ana. They're both equally despised teams.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Actually, I rescind my previous statement. I LOVE beating the Canucks. I like that we've developed rivalries with some other teams, but I'll never forget how dismissive the canucks and their fans were of our team when the first ousted us, how we thought we had a new rival due to the chippiness of that series and they thought "aww, how cute, you think this is a rivalry?" Nothing is more satisfying than erasing that smugness again and again and again while driving their media bat**** insane.

Sharks, Coyotes, Ducks run a distant tie-for-2nd, with Blues in a distant third. I think the Sharks is our best actual hockey rivalry--those games are exciting and intense, and are now continually escalating. Coyotes I just loathe--hate Shane Doan, Mike Smith, and Hanzal. Ducks team I fully respect and I think they've earned it, but it's great having their fans realize hey, that team across town is a challenge too. It's great for SoCal hockey to have more than one option of great teams to cheer for, and it's great for fandom.

Blues run a distant third for the reasons above, and personally, I just hate Dallas for no real good reason :P

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00