Role players keeping Monarchs atop AHL as top pro prospects shine in Los Angeles

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

With the Manchester Monarchs losing four incredibly key players to NHL call-ups, you would expect that the team would struggle this year with a lack of scoring or depth. However, with several new players and old role players stepping up, the Monarchs have remained an incredibly competitive hockey team and sit atop the AHL's Eastern Conference.

With the Los Angeles Kings calling on top players Tyler Toffoli, Tanner Pearson, Linden Vey, and goaltender Martin Jones, the Monarchs have shown they are more than a one line team. The organization has received strong performances from the likes of sophomore Jordan Weal and old stand-bys like Brandon Kozun and Andrew Campbell.… read more

More...

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I like a lot of what you wrote, Jason, but I have a few issues.

Consistency isn't only knock on JF. He's been good but he has other issues he needs to really sort out here.

I would not call Shore's season disappointing, especially if you're going to reserve judgement on Miller. Shore has been very good defensively and he was never supposed to be a heavy offensive contributor. He's a future 3rd line NHLer who can score but is 100% known for a two way game. Scoring isn't something he should be relied upon.

Forbort has been FAR from consistent. FAR. Can't stress how far that really is. This to me is the biggest thing I just can't agree with. He has games where he looks great and then follows it up by looking like a mite handling the puck.

And Miller has been bad. No sugar coating it for me at least. Just not good in any way honestly, except for his skating.

You also forgot Bodnarchuk. ;)

Overall though, good. And glad O'Neill got some praise. He deserves it.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Thanks CNS.

Yea Bodnarchuk graduated by our criteria I believe, otherwise he'd have been in there.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
"What I learned my first semester at college, by CNS." ;)

Thanks for the updates!

"How to be the lazies **** possible" - CNS. With 7 semesters of experience, thank you very much!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad