B-Sens Rodewald traded to Panthers

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Senators acquire forward Chris Wilkie from the Florida Panthers

Wilkie, 23, has scored three goals and added three assists in three games for the NCAA's Colorado College Tigers this season. The 6-0, 195-pound forward was Florida's sixth-round selection (162nd overall) in the 2015 NHL Draft.

As mentioned above, I guess they just wanted to clear a roster spot for the kids? Don't see why else they do this.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I can't see any way we offer this kid a contract at the end of the year. Dude is not a future player at any serious level for any respectable hockey league. He's essentially a 5th year NCAA player (he sat out the entire 2017/18 season while changing schools). He might be one of the oldest players in the entire league.

A pure contract dump here - the win for us is opening that contract slot.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
How come Panthers still have his rights? It's been 4+ years since his draft.

His entire 2017/18 season was nullified due to a transfer year (he transferred from UND to Colorado College).

Transfer year's are years where you have to take the entire year off from your sport (ie: he didn't play a single game that season), but they also don't count as an accumulated year for NHL draft rights purposes.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Rodewald was never going to be an NHLer. If Wilkie does absolutely anything this is a win. If not who cares?

I'm not sure I agree about Rodewald. He was pretty good in Belleville and might steal a cup of coffee in the NHL somewhere someday. Hopefully this is for poolparty at a reasonable price. Best nickname in hockey. I want him for that reason alone.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm not sure I agree about Rodewald. He was pretty good in Belleville and might steal a cup of coffee in the NHL somewhere someday. Hopefully this is for poolparty at a reasonable price. Best nickname in hockey. I want him for that reason alone.

Sens could afford to move on from him. IMO he is a good AHL player and could be an injury fill in on a 4th line but that's it. Over crowded in Belleville. Gain a contract spot for some flexibility. Likely should have been done sooner to take advantage of late waives.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sens could afford to move on from him. IMO he is a good AHL player and could be an injury fill in on a 4th line but that's it. Over crowded in Belleville. Gain a contract spot for some flexibility. Likely should have been done sooner to take advantage of late waives.

Agreed seems like a good move overall.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Going to miss him. I thought he was an asset in Belleville

yes. But to many player in Belleville. Young guys were scratch every game because of that. Plus we were at 49/50 contracts. This give flexibility to add a contract plus give the opportunity for a young guys to play in Belleville every night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad