Rocket League-(PS4/PC/XB1/Switch)

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
What do you guys usually play? I'm pretty much exclusively 2v2 because you're less likely to get completely wrecked by teammates but still have that safety net to play a bit more aggressively than 1v1.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I usually just queue up for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and hockey

I tend to score the most in 2v2. 3v3 is actually more of a mess than 4 v 4 to be honest. At least in 4 v 4 there's enough ball movement that I don't get wrecked as badly as I can be in 3v3. Too often I get matched with guys that do no defending and have no idea how to time hits and jumps and I end up playing in essence 3v1...sometimes even 5v1 if you count teammates knocking my shots and clears away.

More annoying than anything. Than getting my shots blocked, being demolished while trying to shoot, driving under the ball, missing an aerial hit and slamming into a wall, is when I have a clear shot at the goal and a teammate will knock my shot out of the way. It makes my blood boil.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Eh. Per game stats don't mean much early on. Once you've got a large sample size, you'll have a better idea of how good or bad your stats might be. When I first started, I was scoring 3 goals a game against the prospects. Once I got up to the Star levels, my GPG tanked.

I haven't played much ranked to be honest. I actually only did one and I got wrecked.
Don't worry about goals per game. Just win. You'll often have 2 teammates who are ball hogs and always play offense. It's better in that case to stay back and defend.

By the way thanks again for the free stuff. Did some dealing around since a lot of it I wasn't gonna use either (especially the crates...didn't want to spend money to open them) and through all my trades I ended up with three exotic wheels, two of the hard to get trails, and two animated decals that I love.

All stuff I would've wanted to get by paying for keys but I didn't spend a dime. Damn decent of you. Appreciate the generosity.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Made it to champion rank in doubles. Securing those sweet sweet purple wheels.

Season3_Reward_Wheels.gif

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
By the way thanks again for the free stuff. Did some dealing around since a lot of it I wasn't gonna use either (especially the crates...didn't want to spend money to open them) and through all my trades I ended up with three exotic wheels, two of the hard to get trails, and two animated decals that I love.

All stuff I would've wanted to get by paying for keys but I didn't spend a dime. Damn decent of you. Appreciate the generosity.

Great to hear. My pleasure :)

If ya ever wanna play doubles sometime, just throw me an invite.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If anyone wants free crates I don't really care for looks that much ive got 25 to give away add me

5 Champ crate 1
2 champ crate 3
17 champ crate 4
1 player choice crate

add me Cal_Naughton_Jr9 on ps4

just send me a message saying your from hfboards
If you haven't given them away I'd love to take them.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I played Snow Day nonstop until I hit expert and screwed myself because now I only get sorted with really good people in regular mode and I'm pretty terrible at aerial-ing.

That being said, I am ****ing sick at Snow Day now. :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Nothing like ranked play to make you realize just how bad you actually suck at this game.

Also **** people who quit ranked games after one goal against.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Made it to Grand Champion just hours before the season ends. Almost lost hope when I dropped to Super Champion division 4 after an OT loss but ended up winning 5 in a row to get promoted to GC. :)

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
You sound like my brother. He hated rumble, and never wanted to try it. Said it was just so stupid to add a bunch of gimmicks to the game. I like this one more than rumble, just for the fact that you have to be good at ariels and putting the ball where you want to be successful, but also have to have a touch of power to it. It's an interesting concept.

Regardless, I'm liking the fact that the game is putting back into the game. IE, we are paying for keys(and they are making a killing from doing that), and they are returning the favor by adding new things, that some might find interesting, while others might not. Too many game developers make their game, and then just say well, we are done. Or they just come out with a product that is the same thing with a couple tweaks(EA NHL I'm talking to you).

I'll be going back to competitive playlist after about a week or so, but this is a nice little change of pace.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Did anyone playtest this mode? It's so dumb.

Favorite game mode in RL by far. Playing with bots and bad teammates sucks, but it's such an inventive mode and has less luck than anything else I've seen. I feel like I'm playing Tron with hot wheels. Just goes to show how different opinions can be.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Looking forward to trying it out tonight!

Make sure you give it a few tries with different lobbies. The first couple games I played were rough to say the least, got the hang of it after a few and really enjoyed it.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Make sure you give it a few tries with different lobbies. The first couple games I played were rough to say the least, got the hang of it after a few and really enjoyed it.

Ok, yeah I'll do that. Played 3 games and not fan...mainly due to the octagon (hexagon?) design. Sooo much wall climbing.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You sound like my brother. He hated rumble, and never wanted to try it. Said it was just so stupid to add a bunch of gimmicks to the game. I like this one more than rumble, just for the fact that you have to be good at ariels and putting the ball where you want to be successful, but also have to have a touch of power to it. It's an interesting concept.

Regardless, I'm liking the fact that the game is putting back into the game. IE, we are paying for keys(and they are making a killing from doing that), and they are returning the favor by adding new things, that some might find interesting, while others might not. Too many game developers make their game, and then just say well, we are done. Or they just come out with a product that is the same thing with a couple tweaks(EA NHL I'm talking to you).

I'll be going back to competitive playlist after about a week or so, but this is a nice little change of pace.

I just didn't like it. I had more fun in the labs Playlist.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
People say there's more skill involved, but failed to mention there's alot of luck involved. Not a fan of the "ball charge up" timer.

I'm with Han Solo. I'm done with it.

Gimme Hoops Ranked!

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
From my best guess, here is how I expect the skill to correlate:
Unranked = Unranked
Bronze I = Prospect I
Bronze II = Prospect II
Bronze III = Prospect III
Silver I = Prospect Elite
Silver II = Prospect Elite
Silver III = Challenger I
Gold I = Challenger II
Gold II = Challenger III
Gold III = Challenger Elite
Platinum I = Challenger Elite
Platinum II = Rising Star
Platinum III = Shooting Star
Diamond I = All-Star
Diamond II = Superstar
Diamond III = Superstar
Champion I = Champion
Champion II = Champion
Champion III = Super Champion
Grand Champion = Grand Champion

Te vast majority of the players (like this season) will likely fall in the Silver II -> Platinum II range.

Interesting call here, I was generally between Shooting Star and All-Star last season, placed Platinum II just now.

I was reading that they expected most former Champions to place Platinum II initially though, so I'm still having a hard time judging skill.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
:laugh:I play this all the time. Mostly 2v2 or Snow Day. Getting better at 2v2 and I wish they had ranked hockey (Snow Day). One of the few multiplayer games I will be "confident" about and say I am really good at. The others being Titanfall (the first one) and Mario Kart on the SNES :laugh:

Anyways, I found Duels to be fun but people always leave early if you are good and outside of hockey I don't like 3v3 or 4v4.

Rumble was fun when it first came out but there is just enough lag in it for me to when I use a powerup it seems to not work the same way every time. That or I am just bad at it haha.

Dropshot was fun and taught me a lot about doing aerials because I never used those much (playing Snow Day)

Hoops is a lot of fun too. Quite a bit different but not one I play that often.

Anyways, that's my take and glad to see some other RL players to chat with!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad