Confirmed with Link: Robyn Regehr retiring

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Somewhere Ales Hemsky's shoulder is uttering a huge sigh of relief.

:laugh: DBU said something similar. Something along the lines of "Somewhere in Texas right now, Ales Hemsky is popping champagne."

Anyway, congrats on a great career to Reggie and I'm glad he got his cup. He was one of my favourite defenders that the Flames had for the longest time, and still is.

Slow Wheels

Oct 22, 2013
Great rock on the blue line and a great guy also.

I remember as a kid when I went to bible camp at Christopher lake here in Saskatchewan the guy spent his summers pulling kids around on his boat. He had a cabin on the water right near the camp. Got his autograph and is the only NHL player I have ever had a conversation with. Sad to see him lace em up.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Best of luck to him.. As much as people like to talk about Iggy and Kipper, Reggie was the staple on our defense for years, very underrated player in his prime. Happy he got his cups

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Good hard nosed guy. In his day, he was one of the very best defensive defensemen. Feared by as many that loved him. Good to see him call it a career while still competing at a good clip

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Thanks Reggie, was a real warrior for us and I'm glad he got his cup. Played the game the right way.

In case anyone forgot, Regehr was part of the deal where we sent Fleury to the Avs. Not a bad career for a rental!

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014

It's official.

Just thinking, 34 seems to be quite young to hang 'em up in light of the Recchis, Selannes and Jagrs, but I guess if you feel you've accomplished everything you meant to, and given back to the game as Reggie has, there's nothing wrong with calling it a career to spend some time enjoying what you've earned. All the best to him, and I'd be more than happy to see him back in the league in some (coaching) capacity.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Just thinking, 34 seems to be quite young to hang 'em up in light of the Recchis, Selannes and Jagrs, but I guess if you feel you've accomplished everything you meant to, and given back to the game as Reggie has, there's nothing wrong with calling it a career to spend some time enjoying what you've earned. All the best to him, and I'd be more than happy to see him back in the league in some (coaching) capacity.

He played a game that took a toll on his career. I also don't think he went through a full season being full healthy (warriors don't need that shoulder, knee, head, etc to be 100%).

It looks like he's moving into another role somewhere, I doubt he leaves hockey for good.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He played a game that took a toll on his career. I also don't think he went through a full season being full healthy (warriors don't need that shoulder, knee, head, etc to be 100%).

It looks like he's moving into another role somewhere, I doubt he leaves hockey for good.

I heard he's going to be Mike Keenan's assistant coach. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad