Robin Norell sign 3 yr ELC.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
That is a good question and Inhope someone can answer that for me/us. I was under the impression he was a ways away or there was a question on whether he would stay in Sweden another year. Perhaps this means Pokka is planned on being up next year and we need a stocking of D prospects.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
That is a good question and Inhope someone can answer that for me/us. I was under the impression he was a ways away or there was a question on whether he would stay in Sweden another year. Perhaps this means Pokka is planned on being up next year and we need a stocking of D prospects.

Well he was the one the team liked the most in the 3 guys that came over last year right?

Or was that Press... having too Swedish defensemen named Robin surely doesn't help figure out which is which right now.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Well he was the one the team liked the most in the 3 guys that came over last year right?

Or was that Press... having too Swedish defensemen named Robin surely doesn't help figure out which is which right now.

Yes. I cannot rememberer. Hoping AD or someone else in the know fills us in.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I think Bowman talked about him in a Blackhawks Insider podcast a few months ago. I'll listen again if I get a chance and post what he says here.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
From: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/robin-norell/

He is a smooth-skater that can cover a lot of the ice. There is no hesitation when it comes to sacrificing his body to block a shot or take a hit against the forecheck.
Norell has added some bulk since he was first drafted by the Blackhawks and his development appears on schedule. Chicago is deep in defense prospects so he faces stiff competition for an entry-level contract. Long-term Norell projects as a sound two-way defenseman with the combative nature to be solid in a middle pair role.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
not that high on him, he didn't play top minutes in Sweden either. Linus Hultström and Marcus Högström anchored that defense. Then Andreas Englund (Ottawa), and Philip Holm (undrafted), then Norell, then Press. Norell played pretty sheltered minutes and still gave up plenty of goals.

doesnt generate shots, isn't physical, at all, basically a swedish rob scuderi that can skate a little better. All he does is block shots.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
not that high on him, he didn't play top minutes in Sweden either. Linus Hultström and Marcus Högström anchored that defense. Then Andreas Englund (Ottawa), and Philip Holm (undrafted), then Norell, then Press. Norell played pretty sheltered minutes and still gave up plenty of goals.

doesnt generate shots, isn't physical, at all, basically a swedish rob scuderi that can skate a little better. All he does is block shots.

Q is in love with him then.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
hope not, dude is simply not an NHL talent at this point

he honestly will probably struggle in the AHL as well

Thanks for the heads up. I remember a year or two ago people were not overly impressed but did;t want to mis state something. Perhaps he is more of a depth type player they are trying to develop as a 6/7. Which is probably his ceiling.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
He makes the ice look very slippery when he's out there..

I hope he can figure it out but really doubt he will be a NHL player. Quite glad he's left Djurgården actually, not good enough at this moment. Have a hard time reading the game

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad