Prospect Info: Robert Thomas (20th overall in 2017)

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Don't let this one slip by, guys. Thomas is going to be great for this team. High-quality addition that a lot of people ranked in the top 10. His skills as a playmaking center will be a great addition to our forward group. I called him Doug Weight pt II in the prospects thread... well, say hello to Doug Weight guys.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I really like Thomas and was extremely happy when we made this pick. I'm expecting a big year from him next season.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I really like Thomas and was extremely happy when we made this pick. I'm expecting a big year from him next season.

Just cause i'm ignorant to most of this stuff, will he be in London again next year?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I'm concerned about his muffin of a shot. Teams don't have to worry about defending the shot as he's all pass...maybe the weakest shot in the first round. Hoping Hully or Chopper spend some time with him on his release.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Thomas doesn't look to have a very good shot but still, I like this pic a lot so far for #20. We could definitely use a playmaking center prospect to add to what we already have.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I think these two videos do a good job in showing off Thomas' skills. He's a great passer, slick hands, and can pull off some highlight reel moves every once in a while.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Dude can flat-out play. He's got wheels, hands, and vision. We just need him to work on his shot. Luckily, we've got the perfect guy to teach him

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
“He’s going to add to our skating,” Bill Armstrong said. “He’s going to make us a better-skating, smarter hockey club. He’s just a coach’s dream, does everything well. He’s got a great competitive game that he plays in all areas.”

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Thanks for posting Brock! Really enjoyed your write up of overagers that might be taken this time around...hoping the Blues take a chance on Dhillon in the 5th :thumbu:

“He’s going to add to our skating,†Bill Armstrong said. “He’s going to make us a better-skating, smarter hockey club. He’s just a coach’s dream, does everything well. He’s got a great competitive game that he plays in all areas.â€

KSjGp93.gif

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'm concerned about his muffin of a shot. Teams don't have to worry about defending the shot as he's all pass...maybe the weakest shot in the first round. Hoping Hully or Chopper spend some time with him on his release.

Yes, they should have Hull & MacInnis work with him on his release, and adding the needed upper body strength will help his shot, in general. He'll have to be adding a lot of strength to play in the pros, in any case. This is a great pick if he develops decently, as The Blues need a set-up man at centre. What a great 1st Round for The Blues. I'm really looking forward to more trades, and The Blues trading back into The 2nd Round.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

His shot needs a lot of work, but it is something that isn't difficult to get up to a passable level. I'd just hope that as it improves he moves away from his always pass mentality.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wings fan stopping in to say I really like what you guys did with your two first round picks. Good luck!

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Thomas really knows how to get the puck to open areas of the ice. I mean that both in terms of passing and stick handling/moving the puck up ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad