Prospect Info: Robert Hagg [March 2014: AAV is $925k, 3-yr ELC, per Tim P.]

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hagg will make the NHL before Morin. Morin is just too raw but if they be patient with him oh man we have two studs in the pipeline with Hagg and Morin.

That's probably a fair assessment. At some point down the road, Schenn-Morin will be a pretty tough pair to play against.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
According to Button Haag has top pairing, all circumstances player. When he is on, he is dominating. Needs to get more consistent.

According to Haag himself he will be in Sweden for two more years.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
I think Hagg is the first of our prospects to make the NHL. It would really not surprise me to see him get a shot in 2014 or 2015 depending on his development next season.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
That'd be like pairing Grossmann and Schenn. I hope we don't see it come to that.

If Morin develops the offensive side of his game it really isn't. His highest ceiling is a two-way shut down beast. Think of Chara. His floor will be strickly a defensive dman.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
According to Button Haag has top pairing, all circumstances player. When he is on, he is dominating. Needs to get more consistent.

According to Haag himself he will be in Sweden for two more years.

A Modo fan said they should be good next year and they just got the top coach in the league to come there. He also said Hagg should be getting top 4 minutes next year.

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
My ultimate bias is euro dmen... Mainly Finns and Swedes so this pick makes me happy. I actually thought he'd go in the mid 20s so I didn't think he'd be available barring the Flyers moving up.

I'm not sure that he cracks a top pairing, but I think he definitely has 2nd pairing and PP potential. Then again I didn't really think Kimmo would be good enough to be a top pairing dman and he proved me wrong (even without turning into a big time offensive force).

Last edited:

KimiFerrari

Messi Is God
Oct 29, 2007
Montreal, Qc
I like this pick.

It will finally be fun to watch some talented defensive prospects pushing our weak blue line instead of talented offensive prospects pushing our talented forwards.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
My ultimate bias is euro dmen... Mainly Finns and Swedes so this pick makes me happy. I actually thought he'd go in the mid 20s so I didn't think he'd be available barring the Flyers moving up.

I'm not sure that he cracks a top pairing, but I think he definitely has 2nd pairing and PP potential. Then again I didn't really think would be good enough to be a top pairing dman and he proved me wrong (even without turning into a big time offensive force).

I'm with you in your bias. It seems that the Scandinavian d-men have a calmness and make smart plays. Of course, I'm sure there are many that don't play this way.

rk5n

Dec 26, 2011
Wow, talk about an offensive defenseman
T4624d5.png

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I was hoping we'd come out of this draft with Hagg but didn't at all expect him to be around at 41. Like his skill set a lot. Getting Hagg makes me feel a lot better about taking Morin at 11.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad