Robby Fabbri Pulse Check

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Magnifico_31c442_6440917.gif

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
It's so awesome to FINALLY get Fabbri back in the lineup, please Hockey Gods let Fabbri stay healthy this year. Not having him the past year and a half was such a huge blow to our offense man.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
There were two trains of thought around Fabbri’s skating in training camp. I saw him and was impressed by his edges and explosive first step. I didn’t think he was back to the top end speed prior to the surgeries. The other view of him was his skating was poor with no explosive first step.

I’m curious what fans think of seeing him in a game that didn’t get to watch training camp.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I think he looks just as fast as before. Cannot tell at all that he had surgery.

He does look fast, but not quite as shifty - but maybe he'll completely change my mind about that next game. Either way, I'm really glad he's back. I think some doom and gloom from other fans about his being damaged goods was starting to seep into my mind despite my belief that he'd come back fine.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
yep. he has looked really good. he will be a big part of this team turning around sooner or later.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
Prediction: Fabbri is going to score a goal that is going to re-ignite this topic in the very near future. He is so close to being back to the player we remember.
Fabbri, ROR, Sanford, Schmaltz, Barbashev, Thomas, Dunn and Kyrou will all do some exciting things in the next few months that will make this season much more fun for Blues fans. We are about as low as we can get right now.
Also, Schwartz and Schenn will not play at this level for much longer. This team can only go up from where they are.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Prediction: Fabbri is going to score a goal that is going to re-ignite this topic in the very near future. He is so close to being back to the player we remember.
Fabbri, ROR, Sanford, Schmaltz, Barbashev, Thomas, Dunn and Kyrou will all do some exciting things in the next few months that will make this season much more fun for Blues fans. We are about as low as we can get right now.
Also, Schwartz and Schenn will not play at this level for much longer. This team can only go up from where they are.
I don't know man we suck when we haven't even reached Allen's mid season meltdown.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012

He did it. Amazing how quickly he looks so similar to the player he was before the surgeries.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The only noticeable difference I've seen with Fabbri is that he's falling down a lot, sometimes even without being touched. I don't think it's an ACL thing as much as it is a rust thing. Not skating at NHL pace for two years is bound to cause some coordination problems. Everything else about his skating looks great and he doesn't look at all afraid to get in there and battle. I still get nervous every time he's hit or forced to change direction quickly though.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The only noticeable difference I've seen with Fabbri is that he's falling down a lot, sometimes even without being touched. I don't think it's an ACL thing as much as it is a rust thing. Not skating at NHL pace for two years is bound to cause some coordination problems. Everything else about his skating looks great and he doesn't look at all afraid to get in there and battle. I still get nervous every time he's hit or forced to change direction quickly though.
He always did that lol. He's always had an interesting stride. It looks awful at times but he's an excellent skater.

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
He looked great so far, making plays and started getting points from first shift back. He hasn't really slowed down which was the biggest worry if he would have the speed.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
My biggest worry would be to see him hesitate....nope, same wrecking ball mentality as always

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad