Robby Fabbri Appreciation

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I see so much of a young Doug Gilmour in him. I don't know if he is a center though. That's okay. Stastny and Lehtera do just fine. No issues with either guy. They both dish the puck very well as does Fabbri. Fabbri can shoot as well. Be curious to see what he becomes offensively.

I agree. People seem eager to convert him to a center but he looks so good on the wing I don't see the immediate need to do that

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
The best part about Fabbri I show aggressive he stays all game long.
In past years we've had lesser skilled guys who could be as aggressive on the forecheck as Fanbri, but with him having high end skill on top of that aggressiveness, it's added a whole new dynamic to the team.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Because Berglund will be gone, and Backes and Steen should play wing. Fabbri to center moves Steen back to wing. Lehtera becomes the 3C, which is a more appropriate role for him.

Fabbri will just have to show that he can win face-offs at a good rate.

I would love for Schwartz / Fabbri / Tarasenko to eventually become our top line.

The Blues current contract situation gives me a headache because there's so many unknown variables.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
after rewatching the goal where fabs set up brower im even more impressed, he cleverly sold shot which frooze nemi and open the passing lane and then the slap pass right on the tape. such a headsy play.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Fabbri-Stastny-Brouwer is just a good line. If we get an upgrade on Brouwer it'd be even better. I find Brouwer hasn't barried all of Fabbri's great setups, and someone with more skill would.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
It's pretty crazy when you just want him to have a good start in the NHL and he shocks you by becoming one of the players who had a transformative effect on the Blues identity. He's gone so much further than just filling in ice time and looking like he belongs in the NHL full time.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Considering that Fabbs was originally viewed as a potential top 10 pick in 2013, I think at least 18 other teams are kicking themselves in the arse right now....

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
Considering that Fabbs was originally viewed as a potential top 10 pick in 2013, I think at least 18 other teams are kicking themselves in the arse right now....

I wouldn't go that far. Fabbri has been great, but I don't think he's the #3 player out of the 2014 class.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Fabbri-Stastny-Brouwer is just a good line. If we get an upgrade on Brouwer it'd be even better. I find Brouwer hasn't barried all of Fabbri's great setups, and someone with more skill would.

I agree. Top contending teams don't load up all their top tier players on one line. It is much harder to defend against.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
Going back to the beginning of February he has 33 points in 40 games (including the playoffs) while playing around 14 or 15 minutes a game on average. That's on pace for 67 points prorated over an 82 game season while playing 3rd line minutes.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Going back to the beginning of February he has 33 points in 40 games (including the playoffs) while playing around 14 or 15 minutes a game on average. That's on pace for 67 points prorated over an 82 game season while playing 3rd line minutes.

Those minutes mean weaker competition. Just saying.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
If I had to choose between Tarasenko and Fabbri, it would be closer than you think.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If I had to choose between Tarasenko and Fabbri, it would be closer than you think.

Not for me. Tarasenko is a superstar that doesn't come along very often. Fabbri could be a great player, but he's never going to be on Tarasenko's level.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I got a pretty good laugh out of the guy living about 20 from where Drouin grew up calling a sabres fan who voted for Fabbri in that poll a homer. The best part: the guy from Quebec being a homer about Drouin and accusing the sabres fan of being a homer about Fabbri...his username is "Ironic005." OH THE IRONY! :laugh:

Anyway, honestly who cares? Lot of people will only look at draft pedigree and always think Drouin will have a higher ceiling. Sorry Fabbri didn't score as many highlight reel goals against kids in the ****ing QMJHL...he was too busy shutting down Connor McDavid haha.

I am just happy that Robby "BIG TIME" Fabbri plays for us.

I'm confused. I absolutely luv fabbri.... but u do realize how nasty drouin is right?

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Not for me. Tarasenko is a superstar that doesn't come along very often. Fabbri could be a great player, but he's never going to be on Tarasenko's level.

I would take Tarasenko as well since we know what he is(superstar) but Tank got to the level he is on at age 23.

Fabbri just turned 20 and is already being trusted to be a top 9 forward deep in the playoffs by Ken Hitchcock, one of the tougher coaches to gain the trust of as a young player.

Give it time. Fabbri already shows soooo much more energy and hard work without the puck.

No one should expect Fabbri to be the goal scorer Tarasenko is because Tank is one of the game's best. However, Fabbri could easily make up for it by doing so many other things on the ice while still scoring 25 goals a year.

At the least I think he will be a quicker Schwartz when he adds the muscle that Schwartz added in his early 20s.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I'm confused. I absolutely luv fabbri.... but u do realize how nasty drouin is right?

For as well as Fabbri is doing in the playoffs, Drouin is doing just about as well with 10 points in 11 games.

These are two special hockey players.

With that said, Drouin didn't have to face Chicago and Dallas. He got two really weak teams in Detroit and New York.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
For as well as Fabbri is doing in the playoffs, Drouin is doing just about as well with 10 points in 11 games.

With that said, Drouin didn't have to face Chicago and Dallas. He got two really weak teams in Detroit and New York.

And he got significantly more ice time and PP time. Half his points have come on the PP. He doesn't have an impact at even strength like Fabbri does.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Drouin is going to put up a lot of points, but in my (probably very biased) opinion, Fabbri will likely make more of an impact in the overall game play. He does all the little things so well and he's not afraid to mix it up. Drouin strikes me as more of a perimeter player, albeit one that should be very good.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri

Looked at the stats today. Fabbri has more goals in his first season, than Drouin has in two seasons, by quite a margin Fabbri 18g, 19a 37p in 72 gp, Drouin 8g, 34a 42p in 91gp. Playoffs, Drouin 3g 8a 11pts, counting tonight's game where he scored. Fabbri 3g 10a 13pts going into tomorrow's game. Both pretty much same size, Fabbri has a lot less playing time in the NHL but is putting up better overall numbers. No reason that anyone would want Drouin over Fabbri.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Fabbri to me is what a child of Steen and Tarasenko would be like. He isn't afraid to hit and go after board battles but can stick handle and shoot like a man possessed. Every game he makes me wonder how did the Blues get so lucky. IF he continues this trend we are all going to hope that the cap goes up quite a bit within the next 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad