Robby Fabbri Appreciation

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Looked at the stats today. Fabbri has more goals in his first season, than Drouin has in two seasons, by quite a margin Fabbri 18g, 19a 37p in 72 gp, Drouin 8g, 34a 42p in 91gp. Playoffs, Drouin 3g 8a 11pts, counting tonight's game where he scored. Fabbri 3g 10a 13pts going into tomorrow's game. Both pretty much same size, Fabbri has a lot less playing time in the NHL but is putting up better overall numbers. No reason that anyone would want Drouin over Fabbri.

Drouin isn't a great goal scorer. He is an elite passer with tremendous vision. He'll post 40+ assists a year in his prime. Heck he had 28 assists in 70 games at age 19.

Drouin has been jerked around a lot in the NHL and he obviously didn't respond well to it. He seems to have learned his lesson and is performing as most expected him to.

Fabbri and Drouin should both be 60+ point a year studs in the future. Would love to have both.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Hell we almost had both :(

I doubt that was ever very close.

The thing I love about Fabbri is that I can watch how he plays, and know exactly what the coach's game plan is. When the plan is to forecheck, you see him making hits. But his skill and creativity are always there to come out. If he didn't execute the game plan otherwise, he wouldn't get the role that he has earned.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'm confused. I absolutely luv fabbri.... but u do realize how nasty drouin is right?

I don't know why you are confused. Drouin is a fine player...but you realize this is a thread about Fabbri right? ;)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I doubt that was ever very close.

The thing I love about Fabbri is that I can watch how he plays, and know exactly what the coach's game plan is. When the plan is to forecheck, you see him making hits. But his skill and creativity are always there to come out. If he didn't execute the game plan otherwise, he wouldn't get the role that he has earned.
It was very close from what I remember...

I've been impressed with Drouin's compete level. His a great forchecker even if he's not overly physical. He's so damn fast.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Renaud Lavoie did basically say that a deal was very close to being done at one point. He never mentioned any specific team, but the Blues were always considered one of the front runners.

Sure it's probably not like we were seconds away from having a finalized deal, but it's also not like the Blues were just kicking the tires either. They were very much in on Drouin, so I think it's pretty accurate to say we did almost have both. While the Lightning may have asked for Fabbri, it's unreasonable to think that they wouldn't have made any other deal that didn't include him.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
There was also noise about Drouin++(cap dump) for Shattenkirk.

Either way...love to have the kid, but I'm enjoying this post season too much. With that said....who knows where we'd be with Drouin instead of kirk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad