News Article: Rob Blake Has New Extension to Remain as LA Kings GM

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012

For what it’s worth, we’ve checked with multiple sources today and that doesn’t appear to be the case. We hear it is more of a short-term deal with Bergevin. Again, similar to how Hextall was used.
In this new role, Bergevin will be joining LA’s inner-circle, which already includes Blake, Robitaille, Nelson Emerson, Glen Murray, and Mark Yannetti.
Of course, things will play out in the months ahead and if Bergevin does end up as AGM, the narrative could change into something like ‘he grew into the role.’ However, at this time, we’re hearing the opposite.
This much is known, Blake will continue as LA Kings GM for the next several years. Look for an official announcement to come from the team soon.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
To Blake's credit, he took over a team that could still conceivably compete, tried, failed, and recognized he had to rebuild. I don't agree with all of his moves but I think he does deserve a few more years at least to see his plan come to fruition.

I'm certainly unsurprised.

Last edited:

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Surprised at the term*

Then again, if AEG is regarding the COVID seasons as call it even or throw away seasons, then RB has only been the GM for 2 years. Either Kovalchuk and Desjardins really weren't his ideas or RB must be the greatest stooge for Luc that money can buy. I just can't see how anyone can get a 4-5 year extension with a track record this unproven.

*Mayor has a known sorta correct and sorta incorrect track record. It's suspect that this information would be leaked to him today, the same day it is announced Bergevin is being brought into the fold.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Surprised at the term*

Then again, if AEG is regarding the COVID seasons as call it even or throw away seasons, then RB has only been the GM for 2 years. Either Kovalchuk and Desjardins really weren't his ideas or RB must be the greatest stooge for Luc that money can buy. I just can't see how anyone can get a 4-5 year extension with a track record this unproven.

*Mayor has a known sorta correct and sorta incorrect track record. It's suspect that this information would be leaked to him today, the same day it is announced Bergevin is being brought into the fold.

I am strongly inclined to believe John Hoven about this particular subject.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean, he'd be staking a lot of credibility on this rumor, so I'd believe it.

A little surprised at the term, don't at all like that Luc has already put the 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll and that the 2nd shooter is a f***ing nincompoop.

Blake gets fired, all of a sudden our asset pool gets purged for a bunch of 30 year old grinders.

I don't at all like the look of this.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
60o3b3.jpg

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I mean, he'd be staking a lot of credibility on this rumor, so I'd believe it.

LA Kings Insider to Feature New Contributors for 2020-21 Season

"The LA Kings announced new changes to better serve their growing fans for this unique season, highlighted by updates to contributors to LA Kings Insider and the addition of Mayor's Manor. "

"In addition, the Kings and John Hoven, editor of the popular Mayor's Manor website, have entered in an exclusive Content Partnership in which MayorsManor.com will remain independent but also be integrated into LAKingsInsider.com. The first of its kind in the history of LAKI, Hoven will also contribute exclusive content to LAKingsInsider.com on a monthly basis, as well as continue daily updates on MayorsManor.com. "

"Now, as the team is on the verge of entering what should be an exciting chapter and another successful phase, we felt this was a great time to partner with the Kings and open up our coverage to an expanded audience via the LA Kings Insider platform. I look forward to interacting with a whole new community of fans and sharing in our combined passion for hockey. The future is beyond bright in Los Angeles and we're proud to be part of it in such a big way."

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
There have been a few baffling moves to date but I am still okay with the overall job Blake has done. 2 years of Covid has skewed the timeline a bit.

this next year will be crucial to see the team take that next step. Let’s hope the right moves can be made as me have one heck of a prospect pool.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
CRYPTO.COM and now this?

Geez...what next...Snoop Dog hired to run entertainment for all home games? "we are LA and we want to create the atmosphere you feel in Vegas....but even bigger, because
we are LA" said AEG.

Also, 'The Mayor' will bring 'Punk Rock Bowling' to a newly-to-be- created venue just outside the Crypto.com arena. The Mayor will be host and each night, the venue will be named after an obscure King that may have played 4 games in 1993. Yes, we are an entertainment company first and foremost...the hockey, is just a small part of that.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
LA Kings Insider to Feature New Contributors for 2020-21 Season

"The LA Kings announced new changes to better serve their growing fans for this unique season, highlighted by updates to contributors to LA Kings Insider and the addition of Mayor's Manor. "

"In addition, the Kings and John Hoven, editor of the popular Mayor's Manor website, have entered in an exclusive Content Partnership in which MayorsManor.com will remain independent but also be integrated into LAKingsInsider.com. The first of its kind in the history of LAKI, Hoven will also contribute exclusive content to LAKingsInsider.com on a monthly basis, as well as continue daily updates on MayorsManor.com. "

"Now, as the team is on the verge of entering what should be an exciting chapter and another successful phase, we felt this was a great time to partner with the Kings and open up our coverage to an expanded audience via the LA Kings Insider platform. I look forward to interacting with a whole new community of fans and sharing in our combined passion for hockey. The future is beyond bright in Los Angeles and we're proud to be part of it in such a big way."

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I was agreeing that I'd believe him on this one

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
There is a big difference in Bergevin being in a Hextall role and AGM. There is a huge amount of assumption and supposition going on that it will evolve into an AGM role (I’m not saying it won’t) and the people reporting it are hedging their bets. They will crow about getting it right but completely deny getting it wrong, focusing on a intentionally played ‘maybe’ or ‘may’ in one of their paragraphs. It’s entirely possible he becomes AGM but I’d guess how he does in his advisory role will play a big part in any future decision.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
CRYPTO.COM and now this?

Geez...what next...Snoop Dog hired to run entertainment for all home games? "we are LA and we want to create the atmosphere you feel in Vegas....but even bigger, because
we are LA" said AEG.

Also, 'The Mayor' will bring 'Punk Rock Bowling' to a newly-to-be- created venue just outside the Crypto.com arena. The Mayor will be host and each night, the venue will be named after an obscure King that may have played 4 games in 1993. Yes, we are an entertainment company first and foremost...the hockey, is just a small part of that.

man i love the days snoop is at the game ... for shizzle

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Baffling seems to be the appropriate word. Then again, this is Luc -- so i guess it's par for the course.
OGC.7ffa59aaf511e31b46e75fc6b6f66493

Reactions: KINGS17

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Pretty much with everyone in that I am not surprised that he got extended but I am a little surprised at the term. I am also a little concerned now with Bergevin being brought in as the AGM that he might one day replace Blake.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
fetchimage

Blake right now when he convinced himself to give himself an extension with AEG's uncaring checkbook.

This organization is going nowhere fast with this kind of nepotism and lack of pressure. Extension for what?

Strap in boys, nepotism in hockey goes nowhere but down.

What the f*** has Blake done to deserve an extension? and If you think he's done something that important, how can agree with a 4-5 year extension? This team is ass. Coach sucks. None of the rookies have been given a real chance to succeed.

Adrian Kempe is the best king this year. What does that say about our "stacked" prospect pool, hell I'll even concede, what does that say about coaching?

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
fetchimage

Blake right now when he convinced himself to give himself an extension with AEG's uncaring checkbook.

This organization is going nowhere fast with this kind of nepotism and lack of pressure. Extension for what?

Strap in boys, nepotism in hockey goes nowhere but down.

There's not a single team that doesn't have some sort of nepotism going on. From the NYR to NJD to MIN to COL to LA, there is
nepotism aplenty, but for some reason it's so out of control here were doomed!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad