Red Sox/MLB ROAD TRIP - Red Sox and Yankees heading to London in June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
"Teams are inquiring on Deven Marrero".

Who?????
It's down to Marrero and Holt for utility infielder and Holt somehow has minor league options and Marrero doesn't

Because of his defense and Nunez issues Marrero makes sense

I don't think Brockstar would take a Pawtucket option well

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It's down to Marrero and Holt for utility infielder and Holt somehow has minor league options and Marrero doesn't

Because of his defense and Nunez issues Marrero makes sense

I don't think Brockstar would take a Pawtucket option well
As long as Swihart isn't phantom DL'ed/traded to keep one of those two, I don't really care who they choose.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Red Sox=Bruins

Really like this team if healthy

Balanced and can win 1-0 or 10-9

Reactions: sarge88

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Red Sox=Bruins

Really like this team if healthy

Balanced and can win 1-0 or 10-9
I agree here.

JDM makes that whole lineup slot better. If Price is healthy and can pitch like we know he can, they have a top 3 rotation in the league, especially if Porcello rebounds.

Bullpen still has some question marks, but if Smith and Thornburg return to form/health it has the potential to be great as well.

Really need boucne back years from Betts and Boegarts especially.

Reactions: sarge88 and DKH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I agree here.

JDM makes that whole lineup slot better. If Price is healthy and can pitch like we know he can, they have a top 3 rotation in the league, especially if Porcello rebounds.

Bullpen still has some question marks, but if Smith and Thornburg return to form/health it has the potential to be great as well.

Really need boucne back years from Betts and Boegarts especially.
I read an article earlier that projects us at 96 wins. For some reason PECOTA thinks we'll only get 89, which is absurd.

Does anyone disagree with the assertion that we are a better team all-around this year than last? They're bringing back the same lineup (none of whom other than Vazquez you could say had an aberrational or career year), adding 40 HRs in JDM, have a healthier bullpen for now, and you have to expect a bounceback year for Porcello.

We're facing tougher competition than last year since the Yanks got so much better and the Jays cannot be as bad as last year, but without doubt this year's team is set up to be much better than last year. Plus we won't have Farrell doing Farrell things or Butterfield causing 2 outs a night by waving in runners for no reason.

I look forward to this season, and depending on pitchers' health could see us anywhere from 93 wins and a wild card to over 100 and the division title.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I read an article earlier that projects us at 96 wins. For some reason PECOTA thinks we'll only get 89, which is absurd.

Does anyone disagree with the assertion that we are a better team all-around this year than last? They're bringing back the same lineup (none of whom other than Vazquez you could say had an aberrational or career year), adding 40 HRs in JDM, have a healthier bullpen for now, and you have to expect a bounceback year for Porcello.

We're facing tougher competition than last year since the Yanks got so much better and the Jays cannot be as bad as last year, but without doubt this year's team is set up to be much better than last year. Plus we won't have Farrell doing Farrell things or Butterfield causing 2 outs a night by waving in runners for no reason.

I look forward to this season, and depending on pitchers' health could see us anywhere from 93 wins and a wild card to over 100 and the division title.
They are absolutely a better team this year.

The entire offense outside of Benintendi, the catchers, and Moreland underproduced.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They are absolutely a better team this year.

The entire offense outside of Benintendi, the catchers, and Moreland underproduced.
Exactly.

I expect Bogaerts, Betts, and Hanley to have better years in particular.

If Devers keeps up his development and we get consistent production out of Nunez/Pedroia at 2nd (when healthy), we're going to be one of the toughest lineups in the game. Not going to slug 200 HRs like the Yanks might, but we'll pile up doubles like no one's business.

Sale-Price-Porcello-Pomeranz is a heck of a rotation if Price and Porcello have decent years.

I see this team competing. Earlier into he winter I was apathetic and too disappointed by the Yankees' big name acquisitions, but the closer we get to opening day, the more I like our team.

Reactions: JRull86

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Xander and Mookie don't take major steps forward this year I am going to be very, very, very worried.
I got the game on in the background and OBrien mentioned Betts said he's going to take on more a leadership role and Bogearts hit a homer a half hour ago

I wonder what they do with Sam Travis

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Right now I take the over at 99 1/2 on the Yankees

Greg Bird once again having physical concerns

What is the Yankees infield if he's missing time

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Right now I take the over at 99 1/2 on the Yankees

Greg Bird once again having physical concerns

What is the Yankees infield if he's missing time

I thought that was the real line and I was going to pound the under.

The actual line is 94.5, which I will not be betting on.

DANG IT.

Reactions: DKH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Pedroia calls out Farrell for his managing of Red Sox last year

he didn't strike me as someone who would open his mouth after the fact.
Pedroia really can be a ***** sometimes.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but some things don't need to be said publicly. It's like when Bobby Valentine came in and criticized Youkilis, and Pedroia says "That's not how we do things here." Who made you the person to decide how things are done? Pretty sure he was part of the David Price/Eck nonsense last year too. Shut up and play baseball and do your Sullivan Tire commercials. Stop stoking unnecessary fires.

Reactions: dabid

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Pedroia really can be a ***** sometimes.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but some things don't need to be said publicly. It's like when Bobby Valentine came in and criticized Youkilis, and Pedroia says "That's not how we do things here." Who made you the person to decide how things are done? Pretty sure he was part of the David Price/Eck nonsense last year too. Shut up and play baseball and do your Sullivan Tire commercials. Stop stoking unnecessary fires.
Can’t stand the player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad