Red Sox/MLB ROAD TRIP - Red Sox and Yankees heading to London in June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Why will they get their asses kicked next year? They won 90 plus games no? They can still make a value add.

"most days in 1st place"...

The Sox are quickly approaching 90s Bruins territory. They have an inept GM (sorry, Dombrowski's only skill is gutting the organization of depth to come up short for 2-3 years).

More importantly, they have an owner that isnt hell bent on winning anymore. He has other interests now (Globe, Liverpool) and is becoming more and more about simply getting that ticket money.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Dom Dombrowski's only skill as a GM is walking into the dealership and paying sticker for the nicest looking car, no matter how good the engine might or might not be.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Can't believe Luke Gregerson got $11 million over two years with the Cardinals. He was the baseball equivalent of a healthy scratch or Black Ace in the playoffs for the Astros.

We are all in the wrong lines of work.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
20 mil per season for Santana is insanity IMO..
I'm not sure it's on our texts or to someone else but I had it 3/60 but not the Phillies (half right)- Encarnacion got that and Santana plays the field well enough to expand the suitors to NL teams

JD Martinez I would think comes in around 5/125 and Hosmer 6/150!

I'd do both- I'm not optimistic of Machado or Harper at all

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm not sure it's on our texts or to someone else but I had it 3/60 but not the Phillies (half right)- Encarnacion got that and Santana plays the field well enough to expand the suitors to NL teams

JD Martinez I would think comes in around 5/125 and Hosmer 6/150!

I'd do both- I'm not optimistic of Machado or Harper at all

You have uncanny ability to predict baseball salaries. It's RainMan-esque hahah

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Santana's decent, but that collision at the plate where his leg went the wrong way really derailed his career. He looked like he could've been an elite catcher like Posey, instead his range got limited and he's a good first baseman. Happened at Fenway too if I remember right.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Scott Boras wants 7 years I sure hope Dave Dombrowski passes

I also hope it was really Illitch agreeing to all those unnecessary dumb long term deals Detroit signed

Trading JBJ when he's not a FA till 2021 is something I am not crazy about - you control him for 3 more years and then let him walk

If you sign Martinez and keep JBJ it all but forces Hanley to play first to achieve his option for 2019

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

I also hope it was really Illitch agreeing to all those unnecessary dumb long term deals Detroit signed

Trading JBJ when he's not a FA till 2021 is something I am not crazy about - you control him for 3 more years and then let him walk

If you sign Martinez and keep JBJ it all but forces Hanley to play first to achieve his option for 2019
well JDM now says he'll only go to a team if he's an outfielder only, so take that as you will.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kemp back to Dodgers; cost them Culbertson, A-Gonzalez-Kazmir-McCarthy going to Atlanta
McCarthy wife the most talented piece going to Atlanta or atleast with anything left

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I always said the Sox should have signed Edwin last year. He was the perfect Big Papi replacement (even also from the DR!) and even Big Papi said so!

Also a far better than most hitters on the market this year (save Stanton). He got 60m a year, but now the Sox are going to have to pay *at least* that for a far inferior hitter in say Hosmer or JD Martinez. Short sighted by Dombrowski. Should have listened to Big Papi.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

No way I do that. JDM's power seems to cycle on and off every other season. Not sure why that is. But not a consistent hitter for power for that kind of money.

Edwin. Should have been it.

Reactions: DKH

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah, not a fan of that...

The Astros still have a good team and the Yankees just went out and beefed the f*** out of their offense, and the Red Sox re-sign Moreland?

Nothing against the guy, but I'm just not a fan of the move.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Mitchy 2 Years

This is underwhelming. We're basically resigning ourselves to the wild card.

But if we're bridging and sign Harper next year, I guess I'm okay with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad