Red Sox/MLB ROAD TRIP - Red Sox and Yankees heading to London in June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Reading off a tweet from Soxprospects, Flores was diagnosed with late stage pancreatic cancer about a week ago.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
It sounds like the more money your willing to take on, the less the cost of players and prospects will be for Stanton.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Go for it. Take the money, it's not like Tom Werner won't find a way to sell bricks or something to turn a profit even with the luxury tax.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I've been saying this for months. There is no way FLA is going to get premium prospects and a team to take that deal. It's one or the other.

What do you think makes sense?

Benintendi and a couple of “B+” prospects?

They’ve got to get something legitimate in return, I would think.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What do you think makes sense?

Benintendi and a couple of “B+” prospects?

They’ve got to get something legitimate in return, I would think.
If they eat $10 M PER year

Nightmare contract

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Jackie Bradley would be the roster piece going back to Florida, clearly.

Throw in a few B+ prospects, find the right balance of prospects out vs. money in, and bam, you've got a deal.

Reactions: DKH

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Rumors are the Sox are more interested in Martinez than Stanton.

Signing JD Martinez to a 200+ million dollar deal would be a colossal mistake IMO.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Rumors are the Sox are more interested in Martinez than Stanton.

Signing JD Martinez to a 200+ million dollar deal would be a colossal mistake IMO.

If you could move Hanley and sign Martinez for 4 years would you do it?

Also, Dombrowski is the most overrated GM in baseball, so you're probably right about a 200 million dollar disaster deal.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
According to CBS Sports the Giants are interested in trading for Jackie Bradley Jr.

Jackie Bradley Jr. is of course the Red Sox's center fielder. He's going into his age-28 campaign, and in addition to profiling as a defensive asset he's put up a 107 OPS+ across the last three seasons. That said, Bradley's offensive numbers took a dive in 2017. He'll be arbitration-eligible this offseason, and he's not eligible for free agency until after the 2020 season.

Assuming health and a rebound at the plate, Bradley would surely be an asset for the Giants, but would the Red Sox, who are squarely in win-now mode, part with him? If they did, it would surely be a prelude to a larger move. Like the Giants, they've also been linked to Stanton, but it's perhaps more likely that they'll be strong suitors for free agent slugger J.D. Martinez. If they do go the corner outfielder route, via trade or free agency, while also parting with Bradley, then Mookie Betts could slide over to center.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Trade JBJ now. Do it. Should have done it last off-season when his value was the highest it will ever be.

I love Jackie, but I totally agree.

Benintendi is a natural center fielder and pretty good at it too. He's not JBJ, but he's above average defensively there. And that frees up left field for a potential power bat like Stanton or maybe Martinez (but I'd rather have Stanton).

Maybe a three-way around JBJ to SF, Stanton to Boston, and prospects to Flo Rida could work.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If you could move Hanley and sign Martinez for 4 years would you do it?

Also, Dombrowski is the most overrated GM in baseball, so you're probably right about a 200 million dollar disaster deal.

I don't see how Martinez signs for 4 years. I'd do it for that, he's a good player, and should remain productive through that short deal.

He's a Boras guy, they aren't going to cave and sign short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad