Confirmed with Link: Rizzo to Flyers for Kase the younger

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
This is a bad move if correct. I get trying to keep the peace but we trade for Kase for more than what TDA would have cost?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
non impact trade, Rizzo was never gonna do anything for us as much as I had fun following him and watching him with Denver outperform his draft position. Would've preferred we just traded him for a 5th or something and not gave up a pick and got Kase but whatever, definitely the borg doing Philly a solid for the way the TDA thing played out -- that isn't something to overlook as relationships among front offices are very important.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
This is the first "Past Considerations" trade I can recall.

I didn't realize we had the older brother of future considerations in the organization.
Yea, that's basically what we're doing. The thing with TDA somehow bombed out weird, we're saying "sorry" by giving them Rizzo (who we were originally going to trade) and a 5th. Kase is a non-entity in this case and is basically just freeing up a contract spot for them most likely. Whatever, it's helping build some goodwill so if the Flyers are out at TDL they might be willing to work with us on a playoff-push deal or something.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
TDA @ 50% and Kase’s rights

For

Rizzo and a 5th

Seems plausible
Taking this as the intended basis, the way things went PHI ended up paying 2 x $1.67M = $3.33M instead of 1 x $2.5M but saving a retention slot. Is that worth a 5th?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Taking this as the intended basis, the way things went PHI ended up paying 2 x $1.67M = $3.33M instead of 1 x $2.5M but saving a retention slot. Is that worth a 5th?
I don’t think so. At the same time we likely just completed the real trade after the league nixed it for cap circumvention. We had to renege on trade after signing our UFAs because we didn’t have enough space to gain cap throughout the season. So we finished the trade later after the buyout but not too close to the buyout.

Since we just discussed watched star wars movies. The whole star wars episode 6 thing.

Luke: Vader’s on that ship. Im compromising the mission.

Han: in case they don’t go for this we have to get out of here in hurry. Chewie keep your distance without looking like you’re keeping your distance.

Chewie: mumble noises

Han: i dont know, fly casual.

We had to trade casually here.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
And both together we got a case of quantum circumvention.

In a league that will take a maul and bludgeon the cat dead if some Schroedinger tried to get creative with things.
GenerousActiveBug-size_restricted.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad