RIP TikTok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
TikTok is perhaps the most vile and low-brow content ever created. From inane, lame dances to terrible memes being perpetrated ad nauseum and repeated by other "content creators" with very little originality, the platform is legit painful to watch.

"We're HFBoards posters, of course we lurk the trade forums all day."

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
America is that movie where Terry Crews becomes President. Boomer politicians with one foot in the grave thinking it's a Chinese Psyop when there are more pressing matters.

Such an unserious country.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Weird app. I downloaded it about a month ago looking for workout and thinspo content but even setting my interests and following a bunch of accounts I keep getting bombarded with random unrelated content. It's almost like it's trying to push things on me.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
TikTok is perhaps the most vile and low-brow content ever created. From inane, lame dances to terrible memes being perpetrated ad nauseum and repeated by other "content creators" with very little originality, the platform is legit painful to watch.

"We're HFBoards posters, of course we lurk the trade forums all day."

Quoting from someone but along the lines of never in the field of human history have so many people diligently recorded and documented achieved so little.

I honestly think intelligence among the general population is dropping like a stone. Children here cannot speak coherent English with a wide vocabulary for the most part although we are told academic results are better than ever (they've reduced standards to achieve this). And the lack of knowledge and understanding of the sciences, humanities and high arts and indeed genuine achievement is appallingly bad.

It's not that surprising though when you see children spoon fed a diet of garbage on the radio, small and big screen not to mention social media like Tik Tok which has claimed more than a few lives due to fools imitating fads and trends.

Anything for a few clicks and views. Is that all existence means to some ? Heads buried in a tiny screen ?

Not to mention all the misinformation, conspiracy theories and outright lies that get accepted as fact from so called experts on social media. And of course let's not forget influencers. If you need influencing in how to lead your life then there is something seriously wrong with you. Unfortunately there are far too many sheeple on this planet. This herd instinct, the inability to think critically and rationally permeates all of society.

And all the flippant comments. This is the greatest book, film, music ever. From people who have barely seen a few films mostly tripe from the big Hollywood studios, or a few paperbacks or some of the dreadful popular music/content churned out never having listened to anything before 2010.

For instance John Williams is better than Beethoven. He's the greatest composer of the 20th century. Stupid comments like these just as an example. Even Williams would acknowledge that.

As Carlin said you think you're talking to someone dumb remember most of the population are even dumber than that.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
youtube does the job already ??

There are some great channels on Youtube. If you want to watch old documentaries, new ones like the DW channel from Germany, history channels which actually cover all sorts of history. Social, economic, political, military from every period of the recorded record. Science channels, nature documentaries, cosmology etc,etc.

Seeing as television in the US and UK has been dumbed down so much it's a welcome relief. The BBC for instance scrapped QED and turned a flagship science programme Horizon into a shadow of itself. While current affairs programming has also been reduced, and programmes on the high arts also slashed in favour of reality TV garbage, sewing and baking contests.

The BBC produced such immense series as Civilization, Life on Earth, The Shock of the New and great drama series like I, Claudius and even it's commercial competitors like ITV produced The World at War. Not anymore aside from the BBC Natural World unit.

In the USA PBS is the last bastion of any decent programming. I'm sure you've heard of Ken Burns. His works are masterpieces of education all presented with a light informative touch and often reveal the lives of those who lived through historical events.

His last series The Great American Buffalo was wonderful. Intertwining the near extinction with the way the native tribes were treated, the advent of the railways, the role of politicians both good and bad, the changing attitudes of former hunters and the way the US has transformed as a result. And the revival however small of the species.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
Quoting from someone but along the lines of never in the field of human history have so many people diligently recorded and documented achieved so little.

I honestly think intelligence among the general population is dropping like a stone. Children here cannot speak coherent English with a wide vocabulary for the most part although we are told academic results are better than ever (they've reduced standards to achieve this). And the lack of knowledge and understanding of the sciences, humanities and high arts and indeed genuine achievement is appallingly bad.

It's not that surprising though when you see children spoon fed a diet of garbage on the radio, small and big screen not to mention social media like Tik Tok which has claimed more than a few lives due to fools imitating fads and trends.

Anything for a few clicks and views. Is that all existence means to some ? Heads buried in a tiny screen ?

Not to mention all the misinformation, conspiracy theories and outright lies that get accepted as fact from so called experts on social media. And of course let's not forget influencers. If you need influencing in how to lead your life then there is something seriously wrong with you. Unfortunately there are far too many sheeple on this planet. This herd instinct, the inability to think critically and rationally permeates all of society.

And all the flippant comments. This is the greatest book, film, music ever. From people who have barely seen a few films mostly tripe from the big Hollywood studios, or a few paperbacks or some of the dreadful popular music/content churned out never having listened to anything before 2010.

For instance John Williams is better than Beethoven. He's the greatest composer of the 20th century. Stupid comments like these just as an example. Even Williams would acknowledge that.

As Carlin said you think you're talking to someone dumb remember most of the population are even dumber than that.

There are some great channels on Youtube. If you want to watch old documentaries, new ones like the DW channel from Germany, history channels which actually cover all sorts of history. Social, economic, political, military from every period of the recorded record. Science channels, nature documentaries, cosmology etc,etc.

Seeing as television in the US and UK has been dumbed down so much it's a welcome relief. The BBC for instance scrapped QED and turned a flagship science programme Horizon into a shadow of itself. While current affairs programming has also been reduced, and programmes on the high arts also slashed in favour of reality TV garbage, sewing and baking contests.

The BBC produced such immense series as Civilization, Life on Earth, The Shock of the New and great drama series like I, Claudius and even it's commercial competitors like ITV produced The World at War. Not anymore aside from the BBC Natural World unit.

In the USA PBS is the last bastion of any decent programming. I'm sure you've heard of Ken Burns. His works are masterpieces of education all presented with a light informative touch and often reveal the lives of those who lived through historical events.

His last series The Great American Buffalo was wonderful. Intertwining the near extinction with the way the native tribes were treated, the advent of the railways, the role of politicians both good and bad, the changing attitudes of former hunters and the way the US has transformed as a result. And the revival however small of the species.
Lmao get a life nerd. Literally writing multiple novels on a message board LMAO.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Lmao get a life nerd. Literally writing multiple novels on a message board LMAO.

I'd rather be well read and have intelligence than people like yourself. Usual name calling from the insecure. The very people Carlin talked about.,

Must have been hard to read such a long passage given your attention span. Get a life ? I suggest you get one. I've travelled around the world, have multiple hobbies and run a business.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

Ladies and gentlemen….Exhibit A… :rolleyes: :lol::lol:

Congrats @Jiminy Cricket for you and your lame-assed schtick are exactly the type of eleven-toed, slack-jawed, paste-eating, mouthbreathing, schmuck that @BMann is referring to. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Furthermore, I would tell you again to “give your head a shake”, but alas…your helmet might fly off. :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille