Tribute RIP Bob Cole

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Ron Maclean is going to be unbearable next broadcast, telling long drawn out fables about a legend.
Probably throwing in some reference to Gord Downie and the tragically hip and the rest of the panel chuckles in a reluctant we have to suck up to Ron vibe. When Don dies he will probably break into tears while sprinkling woke vibes and referencing some community in Nunavut.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Truly the last of the great broadcasters to call a game. To me there's really only 3 on the mount rushmore of "voices".

Foster Hewitt
Danny Gallivan
Bob Cole

Even in his latter days when he'd stumble with his call, his voice still rang true and felt like home.

It's a sad day for hockey.

Add Rene Lecavalier to the list. As big in French Canada as Foster Hewitt in English Canada.

Just personal preference, but my favourites calling big games were Gallivan, Lecavalier, Cole and Dan Kelly.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Add Rene Lecavalier to the list. As big in French Canada as Foster Hewitt in English Canada.

Just personal preference, but my favourites calling big games were Gallivan, Lecavalier, Cole and Dan Kelly.
Gallivan...." scintillating save " lol

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

I always thought Kelly was overrated but his call on Mario’s tournament-winning goal in the ‘87 Canada Cup was epic, and career defining. Sadly, he died two years later at age 52.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad