RIP Avengers (thank god)

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It looks like the servers will stay up for a while and all the micro transactions will become free. This is a surprisingly consumer friendly move.

Reactions: Natey

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Lol I purchased this game for 5 dollars during the ps5 sale. Guess no online for me
It's been on Game Pass for ages. I played through what I thought was the main campaign but it shows 93% for me. Then I played the Kate Bishop story and was on the Hawkeye story and haven't touched it for several months.

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
It's been on Game Pass for ages. I played through what I thought was the main campaign but it shows 93% for me. Then I played the Kate Bishop story and was on the Hawkeye story and haven't touched it for several months.
I tried some of the intro where Tony is running though the shield ship. I might do the rest later but I'm very occupied with Elden ring and judgment.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I tried some of the intro where Tony is running though the shield ship. I might do the rest later but I'm very occupied with Elden ring and judgment.
It was fun...for a while. Way too much grinding, never played any online stuff. All the gear upgrade stuff also changed while I was still playing which felt a bit confusing. It also takes a ridiculous amount of space from the hard drive at over 150 gig.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
To me this game just seemed like an AI generated AAA game...big IP license, live service looter with no soul.

Even so, it sucks that it's gone for those that enjoyed it and paid money for something that just disappeared....especially if you ended up buying any digital extras.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
To me this game just seemed like an AI generated AAA game...big IP license, live service looter with no soul.

Even so, it sucks that it's gone for those that enjoyed it and paid money for something that just disappeared....especially if you ended up buying any digital extras.

The multiplayer is completely soulless crap, but the single-player campaign actually has a lot of heart and good writing. Not surprising considering Crystal Dynamics history. This seemed like a complete mismatch between publisher aims and developer strengths.

Reactions: Natey and Jussi

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
The game was solid for the story line, but sub par for the online mode.played it enough to get the platinum, but haven’t touched it since the Hawkeye dlc.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Lol I purchased this game for 5 dollars during the ps5 sale. Guess no online for me
They said multiplayer will stay online. I'm not sure if they're keeping them up for awhile or making it peer to peer or what.

The story, which is the best part, is single player mostly anyway

The game was solid for the story line, but sub par for the online mode.played it enough to get the platinum, but haven’t touched it since the Hawkeye dlc.
Yeah I was shocked how much hate it got originally. The single player alone is fantastic. The multiplayer is meh, but you have a good what, 25 hours of story? I enjoyed it completely.

But it hasn't disappeared. They're just ending support, IE: content updates and patches.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
But it hasn't disappeared. They're just ending support, IE: content updates and patches.

Well sure, but when you buy into a "live service" game like that, you expect it to continue on.

Also, it's probably only a matter of time at this point until the servers shut down.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Well sure, but when you buy into a "live service" game like that, you expect it to continue on.

Also, it's probably only a matter of time at this point until the servers shut down.
Maybe. They might also may make it so they don't host servers and you connect peer to peer. They're doing a lot of stuff to make all the cosmetics free, remove things like shipments (all those cosmetics will be free too), etc.

And yeah, you expect it to continue on, but it's always a risk. If the game doesn't hold a player base, it won't last.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad