7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
lInDhOlM iS oN aNoThEr LeVeL

Mocking-Spongebob.jpg

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Putting up the points and can be trusted in defensive situations. Definitely pleased with his progress.

Reactions: Max Money

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I mentioned this in another thread, but I believe the main reason Rielly doesn't get all that much credit is because he doesn't follow the usual profile of elite d-men. Guys who get that label tend to be 70 point offensive stalwarts, Weber-type all-round guys, or minute-munching two-way guys. Rielly on the other hand absolutely kills really tough minutes, but he does it without gaudy TOI numbers and by pushing transition and offense rather than defense. In terms of impact on the game, he's up there. He just doesn't check as many boxes for how people define elite d-men.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I mentioned this in another thread, but I believe the main reason Rielly doesn't get all that much credit is because he doesn't follow the usual profile of elite d-men. Guys who get that label tend to be 70 point offensive stalwarts, Weber-type all-round guys, or minute-munching two-way guys. Rielly on the other hand absolutely kills really tough minutes, but he does it without gaudy TOI numbers and by pushing transition and offense rather than defense. In terms of impact on the game, he's up there. He just doesn't check as many boxes for how people define elite d-men.

TL/DR - people still judge dmen by pts and +/-

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I'd argue he's been our MVP. With Marner a close second. Freddy had tht title for most of the middle part of the season but the early and late falterings, he just doesn't deserve it. Marner is ppg plus in his last 50 games. And Rielly affecting the game so much are the two front runners Imo. What a season for both of them.

Reactions: Max Money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad