Confirmed with Link: Ridly Greig Signs ELC

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
They had both played in the NHL already.

Yep, but their jr leagues were also operating. In this scenario, that wouldn't be the case. Different circumstances, but some similarities: i.e, the league they played in last year isn't operational and a determination needs to be made on where they are eligible.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yep, but their jr leagues were also operating. In this scenario, that wouldn't be the case. Different circumstances, but some similarities: i.e, the league they played in last year isn't operational and a determination needs to be made on where they are eligible.
If he is good enough to play in the AHL that would be great.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
If he is good enough to play in the AHL that would be great.
Yeah, thats definitely a whole other thing to consider. If the AHL does get going, the level of competition should be lower than usual - a combination of prospects playing overseas and the impact of taxi squads - but there's still a question as to whether he is ready for it. It could be cool to see him join Abramov in Jukurit.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

I am not sure if he will take part in training camp but he did mention that he got the contract done so he could get to Ottawa to start skating and training.
"I’ve been talking back and forth with my agent for a while now," Greig said. "We decided to do it so that I could get to Ottawa to train and skate right now."

Greig said he is getting closer and closer to being 100 per cent again. While he was initially asymptomatic, the after-effects of the virus on his lungs proved far more difficult to deal with than the period after testing positive.

"When I had it, I didn’t have any symptoms at all," Greig said. "After I had it, it was the post-COVID stuff when I was getting back on the ice when I was throwing up and couldn’t breathe at all. It pretty much felt like I was breathing through a straw. I slowly took this time to get my lungs back to normal."

"I’m motivated to keep on working and motivated to keep on doing more and more to try to make it to the next level and hopefully one day the NHL," Greig said. "I’m looking forward to the future."

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Breathing through a straw sounds rough.
Hope he recovers fully sooner than later.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Not in the Training Camp player list that I saw
I guess he is just in Ottawa to train in their facilities. His quotes suggested that he would take part in training camp but he was not officially listed as part of the training camp roster. The Sens also left Zach Magwood and Mark Kastelic off the training camp roster in order to meet the 36 skater limit. Maybe they have Greig doing skills training with them.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
If he's healthy, have him eat ALL THE FOOD and get him in the gym. I think this kid will be a hidden gem but he needs to get over that illness and pack on some muscle for the type of game he wants to play.

Reactions: Icelevel

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I don't know enough about greig. Who is a good comparable? Any chance we got another Pinto here?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Our most underrated prospect now that Pinto is getting some more recognition around the league. Adding both those guys to our forward group along with Formenton in the next couple of years is going to be tremendous

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Our most underrated prospect now that Pinto is getting some more recognition around the league. Adding both those guys to our forward group along with Formenton in the next couple of years is going to be tremendous

No fault of his own, but hard to pump a guys tires and generate buzz when you haven't played a game since the draft lol (not counting the in progress game)

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018

We are still missing a #1 centre tho

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I don't have the same irrational disappointment vibe with Greig, that I had with players like Lazar, White, Bowers, and Noesen.

I am ready put my HF dollars on Greig being a rare late first round hit for this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad