Prospect Info: Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Greig reminds me of a young Adam Deadmarsh. Very similar frame as well. He’s going to be a guy we absolutely want to keep.

They have the same listed height but I remember Deadmarsh as a more physically imposing player, while Greig is a bit more of a pest. If Greig can have a prime like Deadmarsh (minus the injury troubles) I'd be ecstatic.

I think Greig will be a huge piece of our future success as well.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Stumbled across this on the Leafs board thinking it was a Sens thread. Rent free ahahahahahahaa

If that's what it took they're already f***ed.

And like usual, they'll never see it coming.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If that's what it took they're already f***ed.

And like usual, they'll never see it coming.
It has seemed to galvanize that group. I think Rielly stood up and did something none of that core group would do and its given them a real leader in that locker room. God knows none of the other guys would have. Teams can rally behind this type of thing. I dont think its an outlandish concept at all. They arent beating Boston then Florida so at the end of the day it doesnt matter but they are certainly playing better and in unison more than they were before.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
That t-shirt needs to become a best-seller:

Believe I coined The Riddler for Greig a few months after he was drafted, even Methot was calling him that after the Leafs/Sens game. I need a cut of that t-shirt sales profit, will be happy with just the t-shirt lol.

He can play centre on a pinch, such a great asset for this team. Hopefully he gets Norris going on a permanent basis, they are still gelling.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I find he's cooled off a bit recently and he's gotten laid out a couple times as well. Probably good for the development in the long run to a) pick your spots and b) learn what it takes to be an impact player every game.

The one thing I like about Greig is even when he's not firing on all cylinders, he's still an effective player that doesn't take a shift off.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Yeah, he looked good at center, so that's good.

If Norris is out long term, it means we can LTIR him and get some callups, I'd expect one of Kleven or Guénette to get called up, and Crookshank maybe to take Greig's place on the wing (though Kubalik might slide up to the third line).
MacEwen also a call-up possibility, but I'm also more interested in seeing Crookshank again.

Reactions: Micklebot

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Ridly made a couple of really huge crushing bodychecks against the Arizona Coyotes tonight.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Hasn’t looked as good since he got cross checked in the face by Reilly IMO. He’s a rookie though he’ll figure it out.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Greig is a skilled forward who can play C/LW, can kill penalties, be a pain in the ass to play against & contribute offensively who will only get better. Greig & Ostapchuk are the start of two good players on the 3rd line & just need a good point producing RW. Kleven & Ostapchuk are going to improve this team next season.

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022
A third line of greige, Ost, and a vet like ROr would be ideal. I know he's signed for 3 more but a strong defensive vet that can contribute offensively and take draws

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Think we need Greig back at C. He's been less impactful since moving to the wing.

Fallen off a bit for sure. Could be due to the move to wing. Also the rigors of a long and disappointing season are likely at play.

Hopefully he and Ostapchuk can build some chemistry to close out the season.

Reactions: BigRig4

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Fallen off a bit for sure. Could be due to the move to wing. Also the rigors of a long and disappointing season are likely at play.

Hopefully he and Ostapchuk can build some chemistry to close out the season.

I'd like to see the 3 western boys on a line

Greig Ostapchuk Kelly

Could be hell to play against... No point putting Kubalik with them .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad