TSN: Rick Ralph interview with Chevy 11:30-12:30

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
With Chevy declaring Pavelec as the #1 next year, its fair to say that:

1. He doesn't plan to make any moves this summer to improve goaltending (buyout Pavelec, trade or sign better goalies);

I didn't hear him say that. I did hear this "Yes. Ondrej Pavelec is the number one goaltender going into next season."

Right now the only goalie's signed next year are Pav, Comrie and Helly. Looks to me like of the three Pav is #1. Doesn't mean he won't improve the goaltending.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I didn't hear him say that. I did hear this "Yes. Ondrej Pavelec is the number one goaltender going into next season."

Right now the only goalie's signed next year are Pav, Comrie and Helly. Looks to me like of the three Pav is #1. Doesn't mean he won't improve the goaltending.

Sorry, Aavco it just means we are stuck with Pavelec for next year.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

One of these goalies was invited to the WHC. It was not Pavelec.:D

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
And here I thought the offseason is boring and the boards are quiet. What an interesting day so far, I really am enjoying the dialogue, can't wait for the draft, FA, Burmi stuff as this off season rolls on. Maybe Mau will give us his opinions on goalies and Russians.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I can't think of a better example of wasting money than keeping Pavelec around

bye bye playoff revenues!

With the team the Jets have right now even if we bought out Pavelec and brought in another goalie(upgraded), there is no guarantee we make it to the playoffs. I think the 8 teams that are in the playoffs(in West) plus Coyotes will compete for the playoffs for 2-3 years because their cores are young and better than ours. And the 2015, 2016 draft are going to be deep drafts;)

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
With the team the Jets have right now even if we bought out Pavelec and brought in another goalie(upgraded), there is no guarantee we make it to the playoffs. I think the 8 teams that are in the playoffs(in West) plus Coyotes will compete for the playoffs for 2-3 years because their cores are young and better than ours. And the 2015, 2016 draft are going to be deep drafts;)

ok fine no guarantees

but our chances would be better if we buy out Pavs, sign Greiss and Hutch and run with them....and it would be CHEAPER

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Can you believe these guys on 1290? How many excuses and how much BS can they shovel down our throats?

Yes, Maurice was the most coveted coach ever and we got him. He had no coaching job, he was passed over a dozen times, but he chose us. Why do they do this?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
More top 10 picks:help: Hopefully in another 2-3 years, the fans sent a message.

I'm hoping the fans send a really clear message at the home opener next season when they announce Pavs is the starting goalie.

Having 15,004 sitting on their hands and being absolutely silent might get the message thru.

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
During this interview, Chevy DID mention with regards to social media and the internet something along the lines that he can't communicate his plans openly, and that he has to play his cards close to his chest.

I'm paraphrasing, but did anyone else catch this? I read it as his subtle winking response to the online response to his "Pavs is #1 going in to the season" declaration...

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Can you believe these guys on 1290? How many excuses and how much BS can they shovel down our throats?

Yes, Maurice was the most coveted coach ever and we got him. He had no coaching job, he was passed over a dozen times, but he chose us. Why do they do this?

Its more than convenient that Chevy announced Stu's contract extension at the inactive deadline and then Maurice's contract today after missing playoffs 3 straight years.

It's almost like its a deliberate media strategy to pacify and distract the public with other news, like say what a PMO might do.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Beyak doesn't get basic math. You can let in only bad goals. If you still stop a higher percentage of shot than your peers you are better. WTF?

I turned off 1290. I can't deal with that level if ignorance.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If history teaches us anything, its that TNSE will sign Pavelec to an extension this summer. I pray for this to happen.

The CBA doesn't allow for extensions until the final year of a contract.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Probably told the topic is off limits.

I'm wondering that too. Because Rick and Munz both said they were surprised not a single question about Buff and Kane at press conference. And yet, Rick didn't ask about them either. Perhaps certain players were off limits in questions.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Beyak doesn't get basic math. You can let in only bad goals. If you still stop a higher percentage of shot than your peers you are better. WTF?

I turned off 1290. I can't deal with that level if ignorance.

:laugh: I also hit my breaking point there, turned it right off.

It makes me sick that these guys get paid good money to offer that amateur level of analysis.

Goodbye 1290, hello Songza.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I'm hoping the fans send a really clear message at the home opener next season when they announce Pavs is the starting goalie.

Having 15,004 sitting on their hands and being absolutely silent might get the message thru.

A better message would be 15,,004 staying home and not paying for tickets:rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad