Injury Report: Richards - upper body

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Probably came from that Skille high hit last night. Maybe a blessing. Hope Rozy and Hossa get a game or two off soon too.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Probably came from that Skille high hit last night. Maybe a blessing. Hope Rozy and Hossa get a game or two off soon too.

Agreed. A systematic resting of Rozi, of Hoss, of Richards and even at times of Keith and Seabs is something I would do. Especially Rozi and Richards --- we need them with their legs come playoffs. Systematically rest these guys. Rozi should get 10-15 games off in a systematic spacing to ensure his tank has something in it come playoff time. Richards should sit strategically at least 10-12 games from here on out to ensure his ability to contribute come playoffs.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I don't think extended rest beyond a few days is helpful to any athlete, no matter how old, unless there is an actual injury, even a minor one.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Gives prospects a shot for ice time. No big loss as long as it isnt for an extended amount of time.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Chris Kuc‏@ChrisKuc·8 mins8 minutes ago
Brad Richards is on the ice for #Blackhawks' morning skate but is not skating among four lines. Likely still sidelined.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I don't think extended rest beyond a few days is helpful to any athlete, no matter how old, unless there is an actual injury, even a minor one.

Of course every athlete is different, but I would disagree. The NHL schedule is beyond gruelling and athletes will seldom volunteer time off. Q would be prudent to rest as many of his players as possible prior to the post season, and some more than others. Assuming they stay healthy, I'm thinking Hossa, Richards, Rozy, Oduya, Toews, Keith, Hammer, Shaw, Sharp (though he may be okay after time off due to injury) are likely candidates, and perhaps others like Kane, Versteeg, Bickell, Kruger to a lesser extent. Last season it was pretty evident that the team in general ran out of gas by the time we were in the 7th game vs LA.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Of course every athlete is different, but I would disagree. The NHL schedule is beyond gruelling and athletes will seldom volunteer time off. Q would be prudent to rest as many of his players as possible prior to the post season, and some more than others. Assuming they stay healthy, I'm thinking Hossa, Richards, Rozy, Oduya, Toews, Keith, Hammer, Shaw, Sharp (though he may be okay after time off due to injury) are likely candidates, and perhaps others like Kane, Versteeg, Bickell, Kruger to a lesser extent. Last season it was pretty evident that the team in general ran out of gas by the time we were in the 7th game vs LA.

Absolutely agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1