Rexall Ice Surface.

sweetcrude

Jan 27, 2006
Piping is old , plant is on last legs. HVAC system will not help.

OK, thanks but your comment leads me to believe that you don't really have much to offer technically. Piping is piping. Age is fairly irrelevant unless corrosion is a concern, which likely isn't in a refrigeration plant. Could some new equipment help? Sure, unfortunately we don't have any real information about the plant now do we.

As for your declaration that a new or modified HVAC system will not help... Please explain.

Maybe we should all go back and re-educate ourselves about some good ol' thermodynamics.
:edmonton

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I was going to post this in a new thread but Patrick Laforge was on Oilers live (podcasted below) not too long ago and talked about the ice at Rexall and what they're doing to fix it:

http://downloads.oilers.nhl.com/podcasts/20071213-oilerslive_laforge2.mp3

So everyone doesn't have to wade through the entire thing, the ice stuff starts about a 1/3 of the way through the audio. The guy says it's not the machinery but a combination of other things including freezing the pucks too long?

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
Is it just me or did our ice play like we were in the deep south last night. I once took pride in the fact we were known to have the best ice in the NHL. Lately it has been total garbage. The puck bounces on most plays, even at the begining of the period and its odvious that its starting to require more energy than it should to skate on our ice. Agree?

edit - i see the guy above me covered it.
bouncy pucks.
laforge.

Connor Mcdavey*

does anybody know how much it costs to rent ice at rexall? tried searching online, couldn't find anything. Didn't want to make a new thread hopefully can get an answer here. Thanks

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Katz will fix it. He will fix everything.

Nzl1CGP.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad